ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in uk test turned down

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khushi31
Newly Registered

Life in uk test turned down

Post by Khushi31 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Hello guys, i was turned down life in uk test as i didnt put my middle name while booking appointment. Lady said my id doesnt match except middle name and i was sent back. But my husband didnt used the middle name even his life in uk certificate doesnt show middle name. But all his ids got middle name. Can i claim money back from them? Will it be a problem for my husband as his all immigration documents has middle name while life in uk not.
Thanks

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Unlikely that you will get the money back. However, while booking life in uk test why didn't u give name as per passport to keep things simple?
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Life in uk test turned down

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:52 pm

Khushi31 wrote:Hello guys, i was turned down life in uk test as i didnt put my middle name while booking appointment. Lady said my id doesnt match except middle name and i was sent back. But my husband didnt used the middle name even his life in uk certificate doesnt show middle name. But all his ids got middle name. Can i claim money back from them? Will it be a problem for my husband as his all immigration documents has middle name while life in uk not.
Thanks
You will not be able to claim the money back. You need to Re-book for a new Test,with your middle name included.. Since they have accepted your husband's ID,there wouldn't be any problems.His LITUK results would have been transmitted to his SAR file at the Home Office.

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Khushi31 wrote:Hello guys, i was turned down life in uk test as i didnt put my middle name while booking appointment. Lady said my id doesnt match except middle name and i was sent back. But my husband didnt used the middle name even his life in uk certificate doesnt show middle name. But all his ids got middle name. Can i claim money back from them? Will it be a problem for my husband as his all immigration documents has middle name while life in uk not.
Thanks

i got my money back. my case was different however. but you should try contacting them, its worth it.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:01 pm

The norm is your ID should match exactly what they have on their system when you book your test. I doubt you will get your money back

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:07 pm

sh1981 wrote:
Thanks

i got my money back. my case was different however. but you should try contacting them, its worth it.
You are one of those Privileged ones. Every thing seems to be going alright for you.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
sh1981 wrote:
Thanks

You are one of those Privileged ones. Every thing seems to be going alright for you.
Blessed By UKBA

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:50 pm

Thanks
Please check your passport expiry date too,if you are using it as your Identiy document for your LITuk. I got nearly sent off by the centre Manager,because she did not see the extension stamp on My passport. Good Luck with your exam. try to sit for the present Test, rather than waiting until 25th March for the New one.

ILR.2013
Newly Registered

Post by ILR.2013 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi Khushi/Newbie/Senior Members,

I have a smiliar situation to her Husbands.

1) My Life in the UK Test has my first name and Last name mentioned correctly.

2) I did provide Middle name in form we fill online to book the LIUK test.(i have take a printout couple of days before)

3) Problem is my my Work Permit, Passport and Visa has middle name as well.

4) I spoke to the guy at centre i took the Test, he said i should be fine as they have sent all details to UKBA.

5) I was seking advice if this was ok or would UKBA create a fuss about this.

Would highly appreciate Personal expeience feedback of people who had similar situation

Senior Members//Whats your Perspective?

Many Thanks.

UkKnight
Newly Registered

Post by UkKnight » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi ILR,
Sure, I Dont see why not.