ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric invitation received within 20 days? IMP!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

feel_love217

Biometric invitation received within 20 days? IMP!!!

Post by feel_love217 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Hello there

I have received a biometric invitation just after 20 days of submitting my
set( o)application under 10 year long residence! Isn't that weird?

I am not sure weather I should be happy about this or not? i am actually freaked out at home office super fast response!!

After reading other fellow members timeline I should have really received this invitation after waiting for minimum of 2 months!!!

NOW the dilemma is that should I treat this as a good news and presume that i will definitely going get ILR or home office sends biometric invitation to everyone regardless of refusal or granting of ILR.

I have always thought that they will not ask you biometric unless they want to grant visa?

Thanks and I would really appreciate members help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:32 pm

all applications have to do biometric before a caseworker is assigned.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:33 pm

The more you will think, the more confused you will get. Sit back and relax. No one can predict UKBA's course of actions.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Biometric invitation received within 20 days? IMP!!!

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:47 pm

feel_love217 wrote:Hello there

I am not sure weather I should be happy about this or not? i am actually freaked out at home office super fast response!!

After reading other fellow members timeline I should have really received this invitation after waiting for minimum of 2 months!!!

NOW the dilemma is that should I treat this as a good news and presume that i will definitely going get ILR or home office sends biometric invitation to everyone regardless of refusal or granting of ILR.
I have always thought that they will not ask you biometric unless they want to grant visa?

Don't have high hopes that they are going to decide your case as soon as you do your bio=Metrics. Good in a way, at least one thing is out of the way.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:53 pm

I agree with Kevin there is no point in raising your hopes for early decision. If it comes early nothing like it but its better to be prepared for worse.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:55 pm

see my signature timeline, it seems they are indeed processing it very quick nowadays. mine was in 35 days.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:02 pm

sh1981 wrote:

I have always thought that they will not ask you biometric unless they

How can we forget you!! received Bio=Metric card in a leather Wallet.

want to grant visa?

see my signature timeline, it seems they are indeed processing it very quick nowadays. mine was in 35 days.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Indeed, that's real quick. You are defo one of those lucky ones

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:09 pm

It entirely depends on individual staff as how quicker they start to process and finalize the application. Unless when you actually know the outcome of the application you can never guess anything. The best you can do is to always optimistic for better results. Good luck.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:51 am

I have received biometric invitation in just 16 days even quicker then your one. Its does not mean any thing.. Until caseworker decide the application. :)

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:02 am

dreamfriend wrote:I have received biometric invitation in just 16 days even quicker then your one. Its does not mean any thing.. Until caseworker decide the application. :)
well their speed definitely is good nowadays
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:07 pm

dreamfriend wrote:I have received biometric invitation in just 16 days even quicker then your one. Its does not mean any thing.. Until caseworker decide the application. :)
CW must be taking few hours to decide,once all the checks have come through.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:27 pm

mine early as well, but i don't dream because ukba is haunted