ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP!UKBA deducted £150 from my account instead of full fees

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Annie1
Newly Registered

HELP!UKBA deducted £150 from my account instead of full fees

Post by Annie1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 pm

Please has any one had this experience?

I am applying for the Tier1 entrepreneur visa. Here is my story;
I submitted my visa application through a solicitor on 29th Jan
I got my acknowledgement on the 31st Jan
I was waiting for the fees to be taken from my account and was getting worried.
On the 18th Feb, I reviewed my bank account and noticed Home Office took £150 from my account which isn't the full visa fees.
I called my bank to check if any payment was declined and they confirmed none was declined from my account.
I have called the Immigration Bureau twice and the I was told the first time to wait for them to contact me. The second time I called, I was told to send an enquiry letter to the address on my acknowledgement letter.

My visa expired 10th Feb and I'm worried I have not heard from UKBA and my 28days period is running out incase the application was rejected and I need to re apply.

Please, has anyone had the same experience? any suggestions please!!!!!

kim1

Re: HELP!UKBA deducted £150 from my account instead of full

Post by kim1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:06 am

Annie1 wrote:Please has any one had this experience?

I am applying for the Tier1 entrepreneur visa. Here is my story;
I submitted my visa application through a solicitor on 29th Jan
I got my acknowledgement on the 31st Jan
I was waiting for the fees to be taken from my account and was getting worried.
On the 18th Feb, I reviewed my bank account and noticed Home Office took £150 from my account which isn't the full visa fees.
I called my bank to check if any payment was declined and they confirmed none was declined from my account.
I have called the Immigration Bureau twice and the I was told the first time to wait for them to contact me. The second time I called, I was told to send an enquiry letter to the address on my acknowledgement letter.

My visa expired 10th Feb and I'm worried I have not heard from UKBA and my 28days period is running out incase the application was rejected and I need to re apply.

Please, has anyone had the same experience? any suggestions please!!!!!
UKBA have deducted only £150 and you have notified them and you should send a inquiry letter while keeping a proof of it that you did so, theirs no more you can do, its a clerical mistake on there part and not yours so dont panic.

Tripletrouble

Post by Tripletrouble » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:17 am

Ask your solicitor to review your copy of the application. So, you can be 100% sure you are in right to appeal if something goes wrong.

Annie1
Newly Registered

UKBA rejection my application based on their mistake

Post by Annie1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:19 am

UKBA debited my account for £150 instead of the full application fees of £1020 on 1 Feb.
I called so many times and I wrote to them to complain and I even emailed the FOI to inform them about this mistake.

Yesterday 7 March, I finally heard from UKBA. They rejected my application saying I have not paid the full fees and I should now make a fresh application to the UKBA.

My visa expired on 10 Feb and I think this is so unfair on their part not acknowledging their mistake or apologising to me. Instead they gave the impression I paid the wrong fee..

Now I have to quickly resubmit a fresh application and I dont know what my faith will be considering my visa expiring date.
Can I still continue to work??

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Re: UKBA rejection my application based on their mistake

Post by tuliprose » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:07 am

Annie1 wrote:UKBA debited my account for £150 instead of the full application fees of £1020 on 1 Feb.
I called so many times and I wrote to them to complain and I even emailed the FOI to inform them about this mistake.

Yesterday 7 March, I finally heard from UKBA. They rejected my application saying I have not paid the full fees and I should now make a fresh application to the UKBA.

My visa expired on 10 Feb and I think this is so unfair on their part not acknowledging their mistake or apologising to me. Instead they gave the impression I paid the wrong fee..

Now I have to quickly resubmit a fresh application and I dont know what my faith will be considering my visa expiring date.
Can I still continue to work??
You have no other option but to send it as a fresh application as soon as possible. You should write a covering letter and explain. And if possible, get a print out of your bank statement, highlight the UKBA's transaction of £150 in that particular statement and attach with you covering letter.

And this time, if possible, pay your fees with Banker's draft or postal order to make sure things don't go wrong.

You can continue working as you are now.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:28 am

Tuliprose, I'm pretty certain Annie would fall into section 3D now, which will not allow her to work anymore. Her previous immigration status is not intact anymore, is this correct?

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Jabs wrote:Tuliprose, I'm pretty certain Annie would fall into section 3D now, which will not allow her to work anymore. Her previous immigration status is not intact anymore, is this correct?
He can continue working, please see below:

APPLICANTS' STATUS WHILE SUBJECT TO LEAVE UNDER SECTIONS 3C OR 3D

Where an applicant's leave has been extended by sections 3C or 3D and the applicant wishes to work or set up in business pending a decision on the application, our advice should be that the section extends the time limit and maintains any conditions attached to the original limited leave.

A person whose previous leave was subject only to a time limit, ie. Code 1, may work or set up in business while the application is under consideration, but should be advised that this does not necessarily mean that an application to remain for such a purpose will be granted.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

Mr Legal

Re: HELP!UKBA deducted £150 from my account instead of full

Post by Mr Legal » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:42 am

For Annie:Have you marked the correct fee on the visa application:if you have done correctly.Dont be worried.As other members advise you this is not your headach..this is HO fault,but I could suggest to you that be quick to ackowledge them of their fault and the correct fee to be withdrawn from you account before they reach any decision on ur application.

Good luck with your application,anyways.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.