ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amesFLR(M)
Newly Registered

FLR(m) update - ames

Post by amesFLR(M) » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:47 am

I have been a silent observer of the discussion on the board and it has really helped me to learn about the timeline of applications, provide advice and know that my situation was not unique.

I received my BRP yesterday and documents returned today (though they did not use the registered delivery envelope that I sent with the original files).

Here is my full time line:

Applied - 11/19/2912
Acknowledgement - 11/22/2012
Biometric Invitation - 1/23/2013
Biometrics taken - 1/26/2013
BRP received - 7/3/2013
Documents received - 8/3/2013

I also contacted my MP and do not think that this made much of difference. I have updated the skydrive and wish you all best of luck. It appears that there is some order if you look through people whose biometrics were taken in late january, they appear to be processing these now.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Re: Still waiting!!

Post by icehouse256 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:56 am

tamilmaran wrote:
phraxed wrote:I have been following this thread from the last one week and I finally got the urge to register so I am here now. I have still been waiting for my documents to arrive. I spoke to Home Office today and my call was answered fairly quickly. The person i spoke to said my application is still not finished and they can't give me a specific time frame for the completion date. I rang my lawyer and he asked me to wait for another 2-3 weeks. What do you guys suggest?
You will get the same answer from UKBA even after getting your documents and BRP card. That is UKBA....... ( recently I spoke and asked them the tell me something other than the recorded speech ).....

--------------------------------

Please does anyone have any idea if your documents and BRP will be sent to my lawyer or will they send only documents to my lawyer and BRP to my address, or does both go to my lawyer. The acknowledgment letter went to my lawyer and the invitation for bio were sent to mine and my my lawyer's.

Please advice if you got any idea about this.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:09 pm

icehouse256 wrote:Please does anyone have any idea if your documents and BRP will be sent to my lawyer or will they send only documents to my lawyer and BRP to my address, or does both go to my lawyer. The acknowledgment letter went to my lawyer and the invitation for bio were sent to mine and my my lawyer's.
In an ideal world it should go to the representative if used one, with a normal common sense but, with UKBA "Common sense is not so common". The bio Invitation goes to the applicant though.

Only from my observation & understandings...
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:Please does anyone have any idea if your documents and BRP will be sent to my lawyer or will they send only documents to my lawyer and BRP to my address, or does both go to my lawyer. The acknowledgment letter went to my lawyer and the invitation for bio were sent to mine and my my lawyer's.
In an ideal world it should go to the representative if used one with a normal common sense but with UKBA "Common sense is not so common". The bio Invitation goes to the applicant though.

-----------------------

Thanks for the response Damanisshallo, yes the bio invitation came to mine and was also sent to the lawyer. Was just wondering where the docs and BRP goes.

Thanks.

Datflo
Newly Registered

Post by Datflo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:48 pm

I have just received a letter from UKBA requesting supporting documents, does anyone know if this means it's been assigned to a case worker? does it normally mean a reply might be received soon?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:05 pm

Datflo wrote:I have just received a letter from UKBA requesting supporting documents, does anyone know if this means it's been assigned to a case worker? does it normally mean a reply might be received soon?
Usually yes, People who had such request from UKBA have got their decisions within a week or so...Hope fully you are on the edge of the cliff NOW...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Datflo
Newly Registered

Post by Datflo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:14 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Datflo wrote:I have just received a letter from UKBA requesting supporting documents, does anyone know if this means it's been assigned to a case worker? does it normally mean a reply might be received soon?
Usually yes, People who had such request from UKBA have got their decisions within a week or so...Hope fully you are on the edge of the cliff NOW...
Thank you Damanisshallo for your advise.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:21 pm

Sorry what types of supporting documents do they normally request for ?

Thanks.

Datflo
Newly Registered

Post by Datflo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:37 pm

icehouse256 wrote:

Thanks.
similar to what you must have sent originally, they just want an upto date one due to their delays.

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Datflo wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:

Thanks.
similar to what you must have sent originally, they just want an upto date one due to their delays.

Has anyone got a positive outcome from the post july 9th rules. For example anyone who marries a british spouse and does not earn up to 18,600 but still got a positive outcome. Please share your experience if possible.

Thanks.

aprillbCDN
Newly Registered

Finally Approved!!!

Post by aprillbCDN » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to share that after 2 days shy of 6 months since we submitted our application, we finally got our documents and an approval letter for the visa! Just need to get the BRP now...

our timeline

Application sent: 10 Sept 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 19 Sept 2012
Biometrics invitation: 6 Dec 2012
Biometrics given: 14 Dec 2012
Requested spouse's passport back: 14 Jan 2013
Received spouse's passport back 23 Jan 2013
Docs and approval letter received: 8 Mar 2013
BRP: waiting

I wanted to say thank you to this forum, it was both helpful and agonizing to know that other people were going through the same thing, as well comforting to learn about the small triumphs people had over the UKBA. I think the UKBA should be ashamed of the service they offer to people who are trying to build an honest life in the UK....but we will try and put that behind us now! All the best to those still waiting :)

lynnae
Newly Registered

Post by lynnae » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:12 pm

icehouse256 wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
In an ideal world it should go to the representative if used one with a normal common sense but with UKBA "Common sense is not so common". The bio Invitation goes to the applicant though.

-----------------------

Thanks for the response Damanisshallo, yes the bio invitation came to mine and was also sent to the lawyer. Was just wondering where the docs and BRP goes.

Thanks.

Just to add, my BRP was sent to my representative.

I was told that the normal way of things when you have representation is:

Biometrics enrollment letter -> rep
BRP -> applicant
Documents/Passport return -> rep

What happened for me:

Biometrics letter -> copy sent to both myself and to rep
BRP -> rep
Documents/Passport return -> not received yet

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Hiya i would like to know which photo they used when issueing BRP.. Do they used the photo u provide with the application or do they used the biometric photo u take at the postoffice?

freedomuk
Newly Registered

Post by freedomuk » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:22 pm

I got my document back today !!! 30 months leave to Remain granted:)

When my partner rang me that document back, i was absolutly astonished. It's so unbelievable as I thought It was going to take 6 months.

I am glad that the UKBA is improving its efficiency, not sure i am just lucky or what.

Still waiting for my BRP and hopefully it will arrive soon, I gonna book ticket to visit my baby nephews and family.

Thanks for great support from this forum as I know I am not alone and the only one to do this. I hope everyone will get their visa ASAP, best wishes!

nats

FLR(m) requirements

Post by nats » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:46 am

Can anyone guide me about supporting documents for FLR(m). I want to apply for my wife FLR m probably PEO appointment. She has already passed Life in UK test. Does she still need to take ESOL test or not? She is in UK since 2010

DieselD

Re: FLR(m) requirements

Post by DieselD » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:21 am

nats wrote:Can anyone guide me about supporting documents for FLR(m). I want to apply for my wife FLR m probably PEO appointment. She has already passed Life in UK test. Does she still need to take ESOL test or not? She is in UK since 2010
According to the UKBA guidance to apply for FLR (m) a spouse needs to pass an English test . From October 2013 the level will change to B1 as the minimum requirement for ILR. Check if your spouse comes from a non English speaking country as some are exempt.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:45 am

nats wrote:Can anyone guide me about supporting documents for FLR(m). I want to apply for my wife FLR m probably PEO appointment. She has already passed Life in UK test. Does she still need to take ESOL test or not? She is in UK since 2010
I could understand your query that having passed LIUK test which claims that ESOL leel -3, does she need to take other ESOL- test for level-1?

Ideally speaking any sensible organisation will agree, whereas it this is UKBA, and they only go by checklist to validate your application.

If you from a non English speaking country you have to prove your knowledge in English by passing a ESOL - level -1 Exam ( this criteria will change in Oct 2013) or get a certificate from UKNARIC that you have done your graduation which was taught English.

I assume that your belong to Non EEA countries

All the very best...
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

nats

Post by nats » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:49 am

thanks tamilmaran. Yes she is not from EEA. But she holds Master Degree which is taught in English from University at back home. She has passed LIUK test. Also passed Academic level IELTS (but that is expired now). Also she is doing job as Software Engineer. So I guess I will go for Degree option rather than ESOL. Should i take her Original Degree and Transcript there? And is there any list of International Universities recognised in UK?

tamilmaran wrote:
I could understand your query that having passed LIUK test which claims that ESOL leel -3, does she need to take other ESOL- test for level-1?

Ideally speaking any sensible organisation will agree, whereas it this is UKBA, and they only go by checklist to validate your application.

If you from a non English speaking country you have to prove your knowledge in English by passing a ESOL - level -1 Exam ( this criteria will change in Oct 2013) or get a certificate from UKNARIC that you have done your graduation which was taught English.

I assume that your belong to Non EEA countries

All the very best...

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:04 pm

nats wrote:she holds Master Degree which is taught in English from University at back home.
Since she holds a degree which was taught in english, All she needs to do is to get her Master's Degree certified by UKNARIC which would lighten your wallet to do so. the links below should be helpful.

The most efficient way to apply for a qualification comparison.

UKNARIC Process & Procedure

Apply Online
Skydrives, Templates

melissajb88
Newly Registered

Received documents!

Post by melissajb88 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi guys,
I have been a silent follower since I sent my FLR (M) application and thought I would share some hope. I'm a Canadian teacher, married to an English teacher both living in England and recently married in November. We sent off our application via postal service which was received on 3 December 2012, and did biometrics on 1 February. Missed a DX delivery yesterday (8 March) which I assume is my BRP, then received documents with passports today with approval letter!
I have to say I'm very surprised it has been so quick and smooth. Did not even have a request for more info but I was incredibly thorough with an index, labels on everything and sent more than the required amount with duplicates for everything. In total it took about 13 weeks start to finish even with Christmas holidays in there.
I'm not sure if this helped, but I did write an email to the immigration minister Mark Harper a week ago. It's more than likely a coincidence since I only included my full name and didn't think to put in the reference number but it might be something to think about.
I have to say, I feel really guilty getting mine back with so many of you in limbo. I will keep hoping you all get good news very soon.

nats

Post by nats » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:24 pm

Thanks Damani, In NARIC assesment I should go for "Statement of Comparability" or "English Language Assessment" or both? This forum is so silent and no one with past experience answers except u :(
In NARIC requirements for "English Language Assessment" it asks to send documents including 'evidence of the medium of instruction of your study'. How to prove that medium was English? Its not written on degree or transcript.
Damanisshallo wrote:
nats wrote:she holds Master Degree which is taught in English from University at back home.
Since she holds a degree which was taught in english, All she needs to do is to get her Master's Degree certified by UKNARIC which would lighten your wallet to do so. the links below should be helpful.

The most efficient way to apply for a qualification comparison.

UKNARIC Process & Procedure

Apply Online

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:01 pm

nats wrote:In NARIC assesment I should go for "Statement of Comparability" or "English Language Assessment" or both
You shall opt for Statement of Comparability. Please find below the list of docs you need to do so.
Statement of Comparability wrote:We require the following in order to process your enquiry:

a photocopy of your certificate(s) together with final transcript(s) in the original language
a covering letter with your contact details and stating the purpose of your enquiry
a photocopy of a certified translation in English if necessary
payment for the service (see details below)
there is no need to send us a self-addressed envelope; a postage option is provided within the check-out process.
Skydrives, Templates

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Re: Received documents!

Post by icehouse256 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:38 pm

melissajb88 wrote:Hi guys,
I have been a silent follower since I sent my FLR (M) application and thought I would share some hope. I'm a Canadian teacher, married to an English teacher both living in England and recently married in November. We sent off our application via postal service which was received on 3 December 2012, and did biometrics on 1 February. Missed a DX delivery yesterday (8 March) which I assume is my BRP, then received documents with passports today with approval letter!
I have to say I'm very surprised it has been so quick and smooth. Did not even have a request for more info but I was incredibly thorough with an index, labels on everything and sent more than the required amount with duplicates for everything. In total it took about 13 weeks start to finish even with Christmas holidays in there.
I'm not sure if this helped, but I did write an email to the immigration minister Mark Harper a week ago. It's more than likely a coincidence since I only included my full name and didn't think to put in the reference number but it might be something to think about.
I have to say, I feel really guilty getting mine back with so many of you in limbo. I will keep hoping you all get good news very soon.
-----------------------

Your Timeline matches exactly with mine, i also got my acknowledgement letter dated 3rd of Dec and had Biometrics done on the 1st of feb letter dated 24th of Jan. I suppose it all depends on the case workers who handles individual applications. But at least, yours has given me some hope that ours will be out very shortly. Did you meet the financial requirements (18,600 yearly ) ? We only had savings but were not earning up to that. Please share your experience.

Thanks.

melissajb88
Newly Registered

Post by melissajb88 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:01 pm

icehouse256 wrote:
-----------------------

Your Timeline matches exactly with mine, i also got my acknowledgement letter dated 3rd of Dec and had Biometrics done on the 1st of feb letter dated 24th of Jan. I suppose it all depends on the case workers who handles individual applications. But at least, yours has given me some hope that ours will be out very shortly. Did you meet the financial requirements (18,600 yearly ) ? We only had savings but were not earning up to that. Please share your experience.

Thanks.
Hi there,
Hopefully yours will be with you soon!
We're both full time teachers and we had met the criteria for income made in the past 12 months. I think they take both the applicant and sponsor's income/savings into consideration, but my husband's was well over the minimum on his own as he is in a management & leadership position so I don't know if that makes a difference.
It seems odd how they are processing the applications because I've only seen a couple of others on these forums with similar wait times to my own so I was incredibly surprised to see the postman yesterday. Our application was very straightforward as I was switching from a Youth Mobility Visa and had been working, we had been living together for quite a while prior to the application, had lot's of evidence (ie, lot's of holidays, photos, family letters and cards, etc), it weighed something like 2.6 kg! But a lot of others seem that way from what others have shared so it is difficult to say. Funny thing is when I got back the folder the only plastic wallets that were removed from the folder from what I could tell were our payslips, bank statements and home information as they weren't put back in the binder slots.
I have to say the news made me really nervous as we're having a big vow renewal and wedding reception for family back in Canada this summer so I was terrified of having to cancel it! A huge weight has been lifted and we can at least start thinking about a honeymoon finally!

icehouse256
United Kingdom

Post by icehouse256 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:09 pm

melissajb88 wrote:
icehouse256 wrote:
-----------------------

Thanks.
Hi there,
Hopefully yours will be with you soon!
We're both full time teachers and we had met the criteria for income made in the past 12 months. I think they take both the applicant and sponsor's income/savings into consideration, but my husband's was well over the minimum on his own as he is in a management & leadership position so I don't know if that makes a difference.
It seems odd how they are processing the applications because I've only seen a couple of others on these forums with similar wait times to my own so I was incredibly surprised to see the postman yesterday. Our application was very straightforward as I was switching from a Youth Mobility Visa and had been working, we had been living together for quite a while prior to the application, had lot's of evidence (ie, lot's of holidays, photos, family letters and cards, etc), it weighed something like 2.6 kg! But a lot of others seem that way from what others have shared so it is difficult to say. Funny thing is when I got back the folder the only plastic wallets that were removed from the folder from what I could tell were our payslips, bank statements and home information as they weren't put back in the binder slots.
I have to say the news made me really nervous as we're having a big vow renewal and wedding reception for family back in Canada this summer so I was terrified of having to cancel it! A huge weight has been lifted and we can at least start thinking about a honeymoon finally!

Thanks for the response. That helped alot.