ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEW SOC Code 2010

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JS28
Member of Standing

NEW SOC Code 2010

Post by JS28 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi All,

My background: I am an FE college lecturer 2312 and received tier 2 visa on 5th March 2013.

I am really worried about the changes that the govt have done. In the guide it says:

New entrants should be subject to the 25th percentile threshold when applying for leave to remain after three years. (In practice this will mean any extension applications which take the migrant’s stay in Tier 2 and/or the work permit arrangements beyond three years, including settlement applications.); and

Will this apply to me? Read below:

For some occupations (such as those in the health and education sectors, part-qualified architects, and barristers undertaking pupillages) the appropriate rates should use bespoke pay scales rather than ‘new entrant’ and ‘experienced’ rates. These occupations will not be subject to the above rules on pay progression.

Can anyone please explain the above paragraph?

Thanks

jibri
BANNED

Re: NEW SOC Code 2010

Post by jibri » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:00 pm

JS28 wrote:Hi All,

My background: I am an FE college lecturer 2312 and received tier 2 visa on 5th March 2013.

I am really worried about the changes that the govt have done. In the guide it says:

New entrants should be subject to the 25th percentile threshold when applying for leave to remain after three years. (In practice this will mean any extension applications which take the migrant’s stay in Tier 2 and/or the work permit arrangements beyond three years, including settlement applications.); and

Will this apply to me? Read below:

what is the meaning of first paragraph?
You worry now? its long time relax

For some occupations (such as those in the health and education sectors, part-qualified architects, and barristers undertaking pupillages) the appropriate rates should use bespoke pay scales rather than ‘new entrant’ and ‘experienced’ rates. These occupations will not be subject to the above rules on pay progression.

Can anyone please explain the above paragraph?

Thanks