ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 180> absence in 5 year period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Natedogg
Newly Registered

Tier 1 180> absence in 5 year period

Post by Natedogg » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi All,

Hopefully a simple question although i have been unable to find a clear answer. I will be applying for ILR in January 2014 and have not been outside the UK for more than 180 days over the entire five year qualifying period. For those absences I have had - and bearing in mind that Tier 1 general does not require the applicant to be in work - do I need to provide evidence of compassionate or compelling reasons for absence?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:14 pm

No you don't need to provide any letter

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Natedogg wrote:Hi Everybody,

I've been looking at my absences over the last five years in prep for a Tier 1(general) to ILR app. I am well below 180 days in any 12 month period. However, I have a number that are weekend trips that do not (in my view) qualify as paid leave. Is this potentially a problem or am I overthinking this?

BTW does the employer letter have to be from anyone in particular in my organisation? I was just going to get my manager to sign it.

Thanks again
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Natedogg
Newly Registered

Post by Natedogg » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Whilst this isn't quite the same question I just asked, can someone explain the reasoning behind not requiring an employer letter for T1G to ILR, given the policy guidance seems quite clear?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Based on members experience at PEOs.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.