ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee Visa Advice.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BeelzeBOB
Newly Registered

Fiancee Visa Advice.

Post by BeelzeBOB » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:56 pm

Hi,

My girlfriend has just applied for her fiancée visa so we can marry in the UK. I'm a British citizen (Born and bred here) and she is Chinese. I'm 25, she's 24. No dodgy age gap or anything here :)

Basically when she was applying for the Visa at the application centre, they told her she would definitely have an interview (this was before they had seen the documents she was handing in).

However I was under the impression an interview was only required when there is something lacking in the supporting documentation (regardless of visa type). Am i wrong?

Back when we first decided to meet each other the first visa we ever applied for was a Visitor Visa. The first application was refused because I didn't provide documents such as a letters from my employer, proof the house she was staying in was suitable etc.. True this was my fault through inexperience.. However! I asked them before the interview if extra documents were required and they explicitly said no extra documents were needed; then they proceeded to ask for “extra documentsâ€

BATS

Post by BATS » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:54 am

My fiance had an interview for his visa. Our evidence was about three inches high and put together by an immigration solicitor so I knew everything was covered. Everyone applying for a settlement visa was asked to attend an interview at the Albanian embassy.

I wouldn't worry too much as it may just be the way the embassy runs.

Good Luck!

BeelzeBOB
Newly Registered

Post by BeelzeBOB » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:24 pm

Well I'm going to assume there will be an interview to be on the safe side so I'm already preparing.. :)

I phoned my bank and they can send out proper bank statements, originally they said is would take 21 days (which would have been too late). but I told them what I needed them for and they marked the request as urgent and it should only take 7 - 10 days .. which should be in time.

So if they don't like my online bank statements I can show them the copies direct from my bank. which is delving deep into my overdraft due to visa costs and flights and wedding plans :) ... hope that doesnt cause a problem.. (got enough savings sooo?)

I have a signed, watermarked letter coming from the wedding Venue showing I've paid a £450 non refundable deposit.. so that should help..

I have my fiancee's engadment ring receipt to show the ring is genuine and not some cheap argos plastic thing ;)

Anyone have any other recommendations of things to take to the visa interview? (keeping in mind the documents i've already given them).