ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent (general) can study in UK ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shradha
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent (general) can study in UK ?

Post by shradha » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:28 pm

Hello All ,
I have a tier 2 general dependent visa till Nov 2015 .
I want to do higher studies in UK .My question is
1)Am I permitted to apply in local university with this visa without changing to Tier 4 ?

2)Once I have completed my studies .do I need to reapply for the working visa or I can continue to work with Tier 2 dependent for the rest of the remaining days and extend it once it expire for tier 2 dependent general ?

Can someone answer these question please ? As I am wishing to apply for 2013 - 2015 session in the universities for my M.Sc. ?
Thanks in advance!!!!!

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:15 pm

1)Am I permitted to apply in local university with this visa without changing to Tier 4 ?

Yes. You can study with your PBS dependant visa. No need for tier 4 visa.

2)Once I have completed my studies .do I need to reapply for the working visa or I can continue to work with Tier 2 dependent for the rest of the remaining days and extend it once it expire for tier 2 dependent general ?

No need for work visa. Your PBS dependant visa is enough to work (as well as to study)