ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Leave to Remain visa five days short of two years..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mazzymeg
Newly Registered

Spouse Leave to Remain visa five days short of two years..

Post by mazzymeg » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi all,

I have been in the UK for the past 10 years, 2 on a working holiday visa, 6 on a student visa and the last 2 (since March 2011) on a Spouse/Partner Leave to remain Residence Permit. All ready to apply for ILR in a week using form SET M, but noticed my visa was issued on the 30-3-11 but expired on the 25-3-13, leaving a 5 day gap before a full two years are completed.

Does anyone know if this is an issue? It seems so petty, but I'm scared they might refuse my application because of it. It's SO hard to get through to UKBA but I will keep trying...

All my thanks in advance for any advice.

May

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Leave to Remain visa five days short of two years

Post by physicskate » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:00 pm

mazzymeg wrote:Hi all,

I have been in the UK for the past 10 years, 2 on a working holiday visa, 6 on a student visa and the last 2 (since March 2011) on a Spouse/Partner Leave to remain Residence Permit. All ready to apply for ILR in a week using form SET M, but noticed my visa was issued on the 30-3-11 but expired on the 25-3-13, leaving a 5 day gap before a full two years are completed.

Does anyone know if this is an issue? It seems so petty, but I'm scared they might refuse my application because of it. It's SO hard to get through to UKBA but I will keep trying...

May

You can apply 28 days before the qualifying period... so 28 days before 10 years are completed.... does that make sense?

mazzymeg
Newly Registered

Post by mazzymeg » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:01 am

Yes, that's very helpful, thanks.

shaad

Re: Spouse Leave to Remain visa five days short of two years

Post by shaad » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:20 pm

mazzymeg wrote:Hi all,

May
I would not worry. I applied at Soihull and got my appointment on the last day of my VISA expiry.