ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit for Tunisian citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Good idea but there is a slight problem. There is no Lithuanian embassy in Tunisia...

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:09 pm

Jambo wrote:Good idea but there is a slight problem. There is no Lithuanian embassy in Tunisia...
well,he has to wait for his wife to do it from her embassy in london,an endorsement from a lawyer/solicitor would be very,very costly but from the embassy could be much,much less,maybe even for free..!!!
UK------++++-------****

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Hello,

Let me again the thank you all for your kind help during the previous topics.
I have one last question regard the online application.
as start up there is the folowing question:

"How long do you intend to stay in the UK?"

As i am going to apply for an EEA family permit and as well planing to get a residence card in second step ,what should i mention in here? i am thinking to mention that i intend to stay in UK 6 months .cause the EEA FP allows intially 6 months and then it is possible to extend it to 5 years.So if i mention 6 months as answer for that won t be bad right?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:33 pm

It is kind of a stupid question. Hard to say is likely the best answer in most cases. And it is 100% irrelevant to any application.

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:36 pm

Thank you very much for being so kind in your previous answer,i am not tryint to post any stupidity in here ,all i am trying to do is to make sure that i won t do any mistake in my application as it is my first time.

Thank you again

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Sorry, my writing was sloppy. I meant that the question on the VAF5 application form is a stupid question. Your question is quite reasonable.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:45 am

It was easy to write not applicable when the form was paper based, not so sure it is with on line version. Additional information can be provided in covering letter if required.

I'd be inclined to state >3 months if form lets you.

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:04 pm

Well the EEA FP allows the holder to stay up to 6 months .i think i ll mention 6months nd then i ll extend it ... how about that?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:19 pm

There is a difference between the family permit being valid for six months and being allowed to stay. The latter is dependent of the EU national exercising treaty rights.

What you propose to put on the form should not make any difference - though some ECOs might use the date to discredit the application.

In my view, ensure that the intentions are clear in a covering letter and point out the the date selected for leaving on the form is of no relevance.

firas1990

Post by firas1990 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:18 pm

hey,
I just forwarded my query to the worldbridge services and i asked the following :

actionly i have no idea how long i will stay,cause we are planning that i join my wife there ,get a job and live there,if we find that it is apropriate to live forever in UK so sure we will not hesitate to apply for permenant residence. so i don t know what shall i mention in that question!!!!? i know that the EEA Family bPermit allows her holder 6 months of stay and during that 6 months he can apply for Residence card(5years) whcih allows to practise his treaty rights(work and so..).so should i mention that i am gonna stay 6 months as answer for that question? and then when i get the EEA Family permit i can exetend it...i just worry to mention 6 months and then the Border agency(UKBA) will not let me to use all the EEA FP rights i mean in her to extend it into 5 years and get a job there and so... I worry as well to mention i am planing to stay permenantly thinking that maybe they will take it as Settlement visa and not EEA Family permit which means they may focus more and it will take more longer in its process...What do you advice me to do Sir/Madame?.

I would apreciate to get a clear answers regard my query.Looking forward to hear from you in the near furtur.

Best Regards
(Name redacted - Mod)

You should provide your travel dates then at the last part of the application form where you can type additional information you can explain your situation.

When you provide the documents showing that you would like to join your partner and permanently stay in the UK, your application will be processed accordingly.

Your EEA family permit will be issued for the purpose of joining your EEA spouse in the UK.

As i m not very well understunding some words in english what they mean by your application will be processed accordingly. ? they mean that they will process my EEA FP as Settlment visa? or it will stay always processed as EEA Family Permit and the processing time will be always the same not the one related to the Settlement visa!!

Regards

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:03 pm

The application will not be treated as a settlement application. The application should be decided promptly in accordance with the regulations.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:30 am

firas1990 wrote:hey,
I just forwarded my query to the worldbridge services and i asked the following :

actionly i have no idea how long i will stay,cause we are planning that i join my wife there ,get a job and live there,if we find that it is apropriate to live forever in UK so sure we will not hesitate to apply for permenant residence. so i don t know what shall i mention in that question!!!!? i know that the EEA Family bPermit allows her holder 6 months of stay and during that 6 months he can apply for Residence card(5years) whcih allows to practise his treaty rights(work and so..).so should i mention that i am gonna stay 6 months as answer for that question? and then when i get the EEA Family permit i can exetend it...i just worry to mention 6 months and then the Border agency(UKBA) will not let me to use all the EEA FP rights i mean in her to extend it into 5 years and get a job there and so... I worry as well to mention i am planing to stay permenantly thinking that maybe they will take it as Settlement visa and not EEA Family permit which means they may focus more and it will take more longer in its process...What do you advice me to do Sir/Madame?.

I would apreciate to get a clear answers regard my query.Looking forward to hear from you in the near furtur.

Best Regards
(Name redacted - Mod)

You should provide your travel dates then at the last part of the application form where you can type additional information you can explain your situation.

When you provide the documents showing that you would like to join your partner and permanently stay in the UK, your application will be processed accordingly.

Your EEA family permit will be issued for the purpose of joining your EEA spouse in the UK.

As i m not very well understunding some words in english what they mean by your application will be processed accordingly. ? they mean that they will process my EEA FP as Settlment visa? or it will stay always processed as EEA Family Permit and the processing time will be always the same not the one related to the Settlement visa!!

Regards
do u speak french,i'm able to explain to u what they meant by the cited paragraph you mentioned,let me know if u need any clarification.

*your application will be processed accordingly* means:
*votre application va etre traitees en consequence* des pieces que vous allez fournir pour prouver votre droit a l'admission et a la residence dans le royaume unis.
j’espère que vous avez eu la réponse que vous cherchiez .

if u need more assistance u know what to do :wink:
UK------++++-------****