ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GMC registration (EC rights) referred to Assistant Registrar

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

casper_aks
Newly Registered

GMC registration (EC rights) referred to Assistant Registrar

Post by casper_aks » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:43 am

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you very much for all these valuable information. I have to say that I made progress with my application for full registration with a licence to practice with the GMC only by using the advises written in this forum.

I would like to keep you updated with my application process, ask you for further advice, as i don't understand my current situation with the GMC.

I'm an Egyptian national, studied medicine in Egypt and finished on 2010. Since my graduation I continuously worked in publicly funded hospitals in Egypt with no career gaps. My wife is dutch national, who is also a doctor, studied medicine in Netherlands and holds full registration with a licence to practice from the GMC. She is not currently working in the UK but she got accepted into a medical job for 3 years starting from 1st August 2013. This means she doesn't hold a job contract, she just accepted the job offer by using the UK Job Offers system.

Based on these information and your advises I applied for full registration with a licence to practice with the GMC using my EC rights. The only proof I could show them that I have and exercise EC rights is the EEA Family Permit I used to enter to the UK with my wife for her job interview. They asked me for extra documents about my career history. after sending all the documents, they responded to me that my application will be referred to the Assistant Registrar. As I saw in your posts this means that my case is complicated and needs higher consultation. Do I understand it right? How do you see my situation now? Do I have hope to get it soon?

By the way, it has been 6 weeks since they told me that they are preparing my application for the Assistant Registrar. And whenever I call them to ask, why didn't I have any response yet? They reply it needs some time!

Thank you very much in advance. and I also offer my help to anyone who is in my track if he or she wanted to ask about the application process.

casper_aks
Newly Registered

Post by casper_aks » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Thank you guys. I finally got a response from the GMC. I can share my experience here about similar cases if anybody needs help.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:31 pm

What was the response?

casper_aks
Newly Registered

Post by casper_aks » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:10 pm

PaperPusher wrote:What was the response?
that I'm invited for an identity check!

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:07 am

So you got it brother mabrook

I know i didnt replied you bt was busy last few days n sorry for that

Actually i m managing for job and clincial attachment now a days m sorry for that

My app is pending

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:43 am

So you got it brother mabrook

Actually i m managing for job and clincial attachment now a days m sorry for that

My app is pending

casper_aks
Newly Registered

Post by casper_aks » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:37 pm

dradilmahmood wrote:So you got it brother mabrook

My app is pending
Thank you dear brother :)

it's ok, I just wanted to share these news with you first :)

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Most welcome enjoy brother

casper_aks
Newly Registered

Post by casper_aks » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:17 pm

dradilmahmood wrote:Most welcome enjoy brother
Ok, now they made a problem for me
They didn't accept all my documents because one of them is a PDF certificate from Harvard Medical school, and they need the original one! Ok, what can I do? I contacted Harvard and they said they issue only pdf certificates to their applicants. After telling the GMC this, They still refuse to process my application with just a PDF certificate!!! I think no one of you faced a situation like this!

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Ohhh at this stage :(

That is really difficult ask for help. What should i do now

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:40 pm

Did you went for identity check

casper_aks
Newly Registered

Post by casper_aks » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:31 pm

dradilmahmood wrote:Did you went for identity check
No, i didn't... They said it's not useful to come without this document !

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:04 pm

I am sure Harvard offers a way for GMC to verify the details.

And it can not be that you are the first Harvard grad who is working in the UK. How did they do it?

dradilmahmood
United Kingdom

Post by dradilmahmood » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:00 am

You can ask harvard medical school if they can send email regarding your course to gmc they will consider it i think

Directive i think OP has some continual professional development course, which is usually online and the certificate is in pdf format

rbr
Newly Registered

Re: GMC registration (EC rights) referred to Assistant Regis

Post by rbr » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Hello casper_aks,

After these years, did you end up getting the registration using your EC rights?

Thanks