ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted at PEO Croydon (HSMP + Tier 1 + 89 days late en)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

appsmaje
Newly Registered

ILR granted at PEO Croydon (HSMP + Tier 1 + 89 days late en)

Post by appsmaje » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:06 am

First of all, thank you to this forum and all the admins and gurus and people sharing their experiences. This site has been a goldmine and a great help to me. Particulary in helping to make sense the gamut of rules/documents/guides from the ukba site.

HSMP entry clearane: 28/03/2008-28/03/2010
Entry to UK 25/06/2008 (89 days late entry) whew!!!
Tier 1 28/03/2010 - 28/03/2013

Only noteworthy thing for my application is that effectively we have only stayed 4 years and 8 months at the date of application. I didn't worry much about it because it seemed we were all within the rules.

Applied with my my wife. did not include our son as he could go direct when we get ILR. saved 700+ GBP on that.

PEO appointment 28/02/2013 1:45 pm. exactly 28 days before expiration. Thanks to the booking tips here in the forum.

We arrived at 1pm, parked just across the NCP carpark right next to the Whitgift shopping center (8 GBP whole day) we went for checking of papers of some sort at the ground floor or I think they input our details into the system, then went to the 1st floor for payment, then we were called straight away while we were paying. The guy entered our passport details into the computer, I think this was preparation for the biometrics. Then went to the biometrics where we found out the other guy entered the wrong details, so back and forth, and back and forth 2 times. By the time we finished biometrics I think it was nearly 2 pm. So the first few steps were quick.

Then we had to wait for a while to be called. All our papers and documents were still with us. I kept checking when we would be seen and the personnel at the information desk kept saying that they were still waiting on the biometric checks.

We were served at around 5:30pm. Man tells us that it will take about 1.5 hours for him to view our documents. I explained to him that 1 set of documents were originals in one folder where they were earmarked, and another set of folder for the photocopies. So he leaves and we wait again.

After just 15 mins, he came out to ask why our son is not in the application. He said it might save us some money if he was in the application. I explained that it actually could save us money if he wasn't since he can directly apply for citizenship once we have ILR. He said ok fair enough.

He comes out around 7pm, by this time there were just 2 families in the waiting area including us. He says we have been approved, hands our letters and says to wait within 7 days for our cards. Then he small talks that he went on holiday to my country. We have a small chat and say thank you. Elated and happy, the inconvenience of the wait dissipates.

Here were our documents:
- Answered Set O application form with photos
- Passports (2 sets of 2 old and new)
- 2 life in the Uk test certificates
- 12 bank statements for proof of salary coming in
- 12 stamped payslips
- P60 for the last year
- HMRC Employment letter for the last 4.5 years
- Certificate of employment (current employer)
- Summary sheet of passport stamps (just mine)
total days in all 5 years away 105 (mix of business and personal trips)
- a whole bunch of cohabitation documents spanning the last 3 years (47 documents in total) (arranged in chronological order)
- a summary sheet of the cohabitation documents (some both me and my wife's name, some individually addressed). mix of Council tax letters, electricity bills, water bills, phone bills, bank statements, nhs letters, dvla letters, marriage certificate).

Also, caseworker took all the photocopies and summaries provided.

BRP cards received: 05/03/2013.
now submitted MN1 application for our child.

Thanks again to everyone! and good luck to your application!
Last edited by appsmaje on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

xyz111
BANNED

Re: ILR granted at PEO Croydon (HSMP + Tier 1 + 89 days late

Post by xyz111 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:54 am

thanks for sharing the experience.

How did you manage to secure the appointment?

Thanks.

appsmaje
Newly Registered

Re: ILR granted at PEO Croydon (HSMP + Tier 1 + 89 days late

Post by appsmaje » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:02 pm

xyz111 wrote:thanks for sharing the experience.

How did you manage to secure the appointment?

Thanks.
Have a look here
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=72749
especially the link for the tricks!
definitely helped me.
also from what I observed, appointments 42 days from today open up at midnight. good luck! :)