ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement qurey wife's visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mxgee

Bank statement qurey wife's visa

Post by mxgee » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:44 pm

I am UK permanet resident and I am going to apply for my wife's visa in British High commission Islamabad. I have consulted with one of the immigration solicitors. He has advised me that I should have ending balance of £3100 in my bank account along with £18600 income. I am aware of £18600 condition for income but I never heard about bank balance requirement. Can any one advise me that how much money I need to show in my bank.

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:43 pm

It shouldn't matter how much money you have in the bank, in theory.

Part of the reason of introducing the new financial requirement was to stop ECOs having to analyse people's incomings vs outgoings and acting like bank managers like they did under the old system.

I'm sure it looks better if you have some money at the end of each month, but not sure where your solicitor has got this arbitrary figure from. Maybe there's some missing context here...

menwall

Post by menwall » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:35 pm

st pauli wrote:It shouldn't matter how much money you have in the bank, in theory.

Part of the reason of introducing the new financial requirement was to stop ECOs having to analyse people's incomings vs outgoings and acting like bank managers like they did under the old system.

I'm sure it looks better if you have some money at the end of each month, but not sure where your solicitor has got this arbitrary figure from. Maybe there's some missing context here...
Agreed. Have never heard of having to have a certain balance of savings if relying solely on monthly income over the past 6 or 12 months but as St Pauli states, it would probably be best to have some money saved in the account to show that you will be able to support the other party who you are sponsoring.

There little chance of being refused on financial grounds if you are earning over 18600 before tax, tick the correct boxes on the form and supply all the neccessary evidence to prove the income and finances. (Bank statement covering the period in question, original payslips, letter from employer)