ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success 28th Feb Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kumarw399
Newly Registered

ILR Success 28th Feb Solihull

Post by kumarw399 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:37 pm

ILR Granted for me and my wife on 28th Feb at Solihull PEO.
4 months ago I thought of using agent(solicitor) to help fill up the form , appointment, documentation etc, enquired few, cost about £700 ish atleast... but gradually I changed my opinion as we have enough information in this forum, So I strongly recommend this....
forum is the best place.... Feel free to ask any questions..we got CHAMPS hanging around this site to answer every question.
A Big thanks to all members who post there experiences and reply to every question...
From last few weeks I was just looking for succesfull stories throught this forum as I feel good and encouraging...
So its my turn now to share my experience
Exactly six weeks back spent 2hrs continuously for two days to book an appointment at 12 midnight, and we got it in Birmingham as we live close to PEO...

Appointment 10 am
Parked in a paid car park which is 3 mins walk (£4 for 4hrs post paid)
Went to PEO at 9:10 , been told too early come back at 9.50 am,
Went back again , form check , security check etc, token given at 10...
Very small waiting room, we went with our baby but not included in application, they let push chairs in..all of them very friendly...
Token called at 10.40 went to the counter, young lady greeted and said she is still learning and new...
My application timeline:
HSMP mar 2008 – mar 2010
Tier 1 – mar 2010 to mar 2013
Absences 145 days so all under limit
Index styled presentation in a plastic socket with numbers I fallowed from one of the post in this forim itself and that lady liked alot..

I bought it from ebay called
2 x SETS OF A4 FILE DIVIDERS NUMBERED 1-20 PLASTIC TABS
Please refer to my index if you think its of any use. Everything in one file (with 20 plastic pockets), a separate file for photocopy it will be handy for case worker

Main Documents
Application Form, Passports
Life in the UK Pass Notification Letters
Accountant Letter
Salary Slips 12
Dividend Vouchers 5
Personal Bank Statements (highlighted salary in yellow, dividend in pink) 12 months
Business Bank Statements (highlighted salary in yellow, dividend in pink) 12 months
Company Registration Documents
VAT reg doc
Last 4 years (2 P60’s, 1 year Employment History as I opened my company 2 years back)
Invoices
corporate TAX pay proof, VAT payment proofs
Home Office Correspondence
Cohabitation Documents
Wife’s last 2 years bank statements
Mine 1 year already covered above so kept previous 1 year here
I don’t have many documents on my wife’s name
I kept NHS Letters, counter part, provisional driving licence (bit worried but all gone well)
Severn Trent Water bill last 5 months
My baby was too noisy there , I apologised case worker but she said do not worry at all
First case worker asked me payslips and I showed I organised everything, so do you want docs as requested or all in one go, she said one go...also I mentioned i have photocopies...
She took everything went through most of them for atleast 45 mins, called senior worker for few times ...but finally all went well
Given the good news and told me to pay the fees in the next counter
Paid fees ,biometric given and told us to comeback after 2 hrs..
We went out for lunch and came back after 1.40 mins all ready....approval letter given , and told BRP will come in post in few days..
We did not realise address is not correct on the approval letters given (as we concentrated just on full name and DOB), but it is right on payment receipt they gave us...it should be flat 30 but it printed as flat 3..
After 3 days through the forum I came to know they post it through DX courier, I called them and realised address is incorrect, They kept reminder letter in flat 3..
I contacted ukba, no positive response said email BRP team , emailed BRP team no response still, after few days I went to flat 3 and took those reminder letters and went to DX office and collected it...
So please make sure you check ur name, DOB and address otherwise it will be a big mess..
Yesterday I sent MN1 form for my baby and I haven’t used NCS as we have enough information in this forum

Wish you all GOOD LUCK. Any questions please ask

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Congratulations. Excellent News. Thank you for posting your experience your valuable Tips. Yours looks a straightforward application. Why waste money on a Agent!! How would you rate the service at Solihull PEO.

kumarw399
Newly Registered

Post by kumarw399 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:48 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Congratulations. Excellent News. Thank you for posting your experience your valuable Tips. Yours looks a straightforward application. Why waste money on a Agent!! How would you rate the service at Solihull PEO.
Thanks, ringing my bells I 've seen ur name in many posts in this forum (I think u helped many) if Iam not wrong...anyhow I personally rate atleast 4 out of 5

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply and kind words. I only pass on my limited knowledge but there are several members more knowledgeable than me. Enjoy your ILR with your family. Really happy for you.