ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Clearance Process

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Entry Clearance Process

Post by sunil.suneel » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:41 pm

Hey guys ..... We have a lot of threads for HSMP initial Application and Extension ......

Was wondering if we could also have a tread dedicated to the Entry Clearance Process after HSMP approval :)

Can all the veterans please share their expertise on the entry clearance process .... May be we could start with a brief up of the documents required , the liquidity to be shown , the assets to be shown and moving on to the minute details to be taken care of in filing for entry clearance papers.

Every one please contribute :D

Some one please explain the whole process in detail ......
[/b]

vivek.kandregula
Newly Registered

Post by vivek.kandregula » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:03 pm

Guys,

Can you please throw some light on EC please.. like, how much assets we have to show in our bank account and processing time..?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Vivek

from_india

Post by from_india » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:00 pm

I filed my application a couple days back. I have given the list of the documents that THEY ASKED FOR in here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=12790.

Hope that helps. Note that I havent obtained my EC yet; waiting for the same!

vivek.kandregula
Newly Registered

Post by vivek.kandregula » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:20 pm

Code: Select all

I filed my application a couple days back. I have given the list of the documents that THEY ASKED FOR in here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=12790. 

Thanks for your reply.. It really helped me.
But, i am still in dark regarding the amount we have to show in bank.
Can you please tell me, like how much amount is sufficient and what's the range of period we should provide the bank statements for the same.. say like 6 months?

Thanks!
Vivek

from_india

Post by from_india » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:37 pm

I dont know how much you have to show; i showed 400000. Since I havent got the EC yet, not sure whether it is enough!
For the bank statement, you should give 6 months bank statement (this is what VFS told me); make sure that the bank statement clearly shows your monthly salary credit.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:56 am

Is it necessary to show hotel booking details there? What is the alternate?

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:56 am

Looking at the amount of bank balance to be shown, i have seen a few of my friends show min of 10Lakhs INR and an assessment of their properties from a CA. I believe this is necessary to convince them that you can survive on your own without resorting to the public funds.

And regarding the hotel booking , it is not a must that you show hotel booking ....A letter from your fried stating that you can stay at his premises should be fine .......

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:04 am

So for accomodation, I have to show following?:

1) Letter from my friend that I can accomodate to his place.
2) Tanancy letter of my friend

Am I correct? Is 2) really required?

To show the bank balance:

I have fixed depost advice from SBI. Is it fine?
I have fixed depost statements from HSBC too, but they do not look original? What to do? Do I need to transfer the money from HSBC to SBI, open a fix deposit account in SBI? What else can be done?

Thanks!

neel
Newly Registered

EC

Post by neel » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:26 am

Hi,

could somebody clarify this please?

1) My home country is India, but I'm in US for 2months on a business visit.
Can I attend for HSMP Entry Clearance here in US without going to India?

2) I'm currently 28 yrs old. My HSMP got approved under 28. Is it suggestable
to go to UK leaving my current employer who sponsered my H1B, especailly after
home office changing the rules?

from_india

Post by from_india » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:34 am

Regarding the accomodation, from what I read on this forum, you will have to show either of the following:

1. A hotel booking (for at least 7 nights).
2. A letter from a friend saying that he is willing to host you in UK.

In my case, since i have the UK job offer letter, I just went ahead and booked a hotel here: http://www.booking.com/. Note that, as per the booking policy, you can easily cancle the booking. Note that, for me, I havent submitted any letter from my friend (again hoping that having the UK job offer letter will help them convince my ability to support myself in UK).

For those who dont know when exactly they are travelling (as is the case with hsmp28122006), I think they can just go ahead and book the hotel for the dates that look most probable. I think that should suffice.

Just my two cents. Again, please be aware that I haven't got my EC stamped yet, and I am waiting for the same!

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:21 am

Thanks from_india, it really helped me. I could found this on the website:

"No surprises
The reservation service of BOOKING.COM is free of charge. So therefore no additional fees are added to the room price, nor will we be charging you a cancellation fee."

I am really surprised to see that cancellation is free. Is it absolutely true?

from_india

Post by from_india » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:25 am

Well, i dont know whether it is absolutely true! I havent cancelled the hotel yet, and wont till my EC case is finalized! But I am not surprised; the cancellation without any cancellation charges is quite common - I have done it for US hotels and the hotels in India as well.

hsmp.applicant2007

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:46 am

Guys,

I am going to apply for my EC next week, was just wondering if I need to submit a statement of expenses while I am in the UK along with my EC application? If yes, could somebody please suggest how detailed should that be?

lifofifo

Post by lifofifo » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:25 pm

from_india wrote:I dont know how much you have to show; i showed 400000. Since I havent got the EC yet, not sure whether it is enough!
For the bank statement, you should give 6 months bank statement (this is what VFS told me); make sure that the bank statement clearly shows your monthly salary credit.
I got my work permit a few days back and I'm applying for EC in next few days. I'm a freelancer right now, and the money usually comes erratically to my bank account via wire transfer. Will that be a problem ? Also, should I include my resume along with my EC application ?

Also, my work permit has my name as "Pratik Naik". And my passport says "Pratikkumar Naik". "Kumar" is just a common postfix. If I just get an affidavit done and include it with my EC application, will that be sufficient ?

Thanks,
Pratik

mayana

Post by mayana » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:28 pm

from_india

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:00 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM INDIAN;
Any luck on your EC stamping.

Mayana

indiared
Newly Registered

Post by indiared » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:21 am

from_india wrote:Regarding the accomodation, from what I read on this forum, you will have to show either of the following:

1. A hotel booking (for at least 7 nights).
2. A letter from a friend saying that he is willing to host you in UK.

In my case, since i have the UK job offer letter, I just went ahead and booked a hotel here: http://www.booking.com/. Note that, as per the booking policy, you can easily cancle the booking. Note that, for me, I havent submitted any letter from my friend (again hoping that having the UK job offer letter will help them convince my ability to support myself in UK).

For those who dont know when exactly they are travelling (as is the case with hsmp28122006), I think they can just go ahead and book the hotel for the dates that look most probable. I think that should suffice.

Just my two cents. Again, please be aware that I haven't got my EC stamped yet, and I am waiting for the same!
Hi from_india, I will appreciate if you help me out over here. I have received HSMP approval and fortunate enough to receive a job offer also.
My potential employer had sent me a job offer in email using pdf attachment. As you said, you had offer letter while applying for EC, I would like to ask you that will visa officer accept email based offer letter or the original offer letter (paper format) is required. I am thinking of taking printout of email and offer pdf file. But if paper format is required then I have to ask my potential employer to courier it or to fax it.
can anybody help me out here, as its urgent.