ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4: Request for passport returned

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LeLe
Newly Registered

EEA4: Request for passport returned

Post by LeLe » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:22 am

Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has any experiences recently about passport return. I vaguely remember that it will take 10 working days but now on UKBA website it says 20 working days!! (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/)

I need to travel on 17th March and I might just get it by then if I request it TODAY...I am worried now. Please could anyone share the most recent experience please. I am thinking to send an email today to LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
or should I just call on Monday?

To request passport return, do you need to use their form: "Return of document request form" or simply the basic info as listed on the EEA4 application form such as ref number, name, nationality?

Many thanks!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:30 pm

For recent timelines have a look at this thread.

LeLe
Newly Registered

Post by LeLe » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Many thanks! It's very helpful!!!

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:00 pm

LeLe wrote:Many thanks! It's very helpful!!!
Hey LeLe,

I'm sure you've found all the info you need in the thread that Plum70 directed you to, but just to make sure it is all clear: yes, you have the right email address, and yes, complete the RODR form. Send the form ASAP - at least that should give you some time to escalate your request, should it go unanswered!

There is no longer a way to phone them to ask for return of documents (even in an emergency it seems).

Good luck!
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

LeLe
Newly Registered

Post by LeLe » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 pm

Hi flipper77
Thank you very much for the reply. I have sent them the email last Saturday and I am thinking to call on Monday and checked if anything has been done. Not sure if the call centre will have any info though..

Many thanks.

LeLe
Newly Registered

No sign of passports

Post by LeLe » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:05 am

Hi,
I have requested my passport since 16th February and I need to travel on 17th March. I have made three emails requests and one by registered mail to Liverpool address and on 4th March, I even asked my MP to get involved. But still no sign of my passport and my husbands. On Monday the 4th when I asked the MP to assist, the MP office made a phone call to UKBA and confirmed that they have received my request and the caseworker ‘will be told’ that I need my passport returned. One week on (despite a few phone calls to check with MP office to see if they have any update, always been told that UKBA hasn't given any feedback yet). I am desperate and frustrated but there seem to be nothing else that I can do.

I am not sure how MP office works, does anyone know if they can really help? At the moment, they seem to be the only one that has access to UKBA but I am not sure if I can rely on them now. I really don't understand why this is so complicated?

Any suggestions welcome. Many thanks.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: No sign of passports

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:20 am

LeLe wrote:Hi,
I have requested my passport since 16th February and I need to travel on 17th March.

I really don't understand why this is so complicated?
I share your frustration. It would appear that there are not enough caseworkers. Hopefully you will get your passport back in time (you've certainly asked for it in plenty time). Should you not get it, you could complain and seek compensation.

LeLe
Newly Registered

Post by LeLe » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Thanks EUsmileWEallsmile.

I will ask my husband to check with the MP office instead of me on Monday. As he's an EU citizen (Italian) and he also needs his passport. Not sure if this will put a bit of 'weight' on the case, but we need to try everthing.

As for seeking compensation, if I don't get the passport in time and we complain, will they compensate me for my costs (ie flight tickets etc?). We will definitely send a complain letter this coming week as they have my passport since July 2012 and they didn't treat my 'further application' sent in December 12 as priority but a new application. Now with this issue of not returning our passports, we will have to complain.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:50 pm

In my mind, should the passport not arrive on time, you could seek compensation for losses received. Why was your application treated anew?

LeLe
Newly Registered

Post by LeLe » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:23 pm

I have no idea why it's treated anew. They simply sent a CoA with new case ID and reference. So when I called them to enquire, they said they can only see the "new" application from December and no record of my July one, even with the old case ID. Super annoying and frustrated I have to say. And now with the delay of the passport return. Really no idea what's going on.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:47 am

LeLe wrote:I have no idea why it's treated anew. They simply sent a CoA with new case ID and reference. So when I called them to enquire, they said they can only see the "new" application from December and no record of my July one, even with the old case ID. Super annoying and frustrated I have to say. And now with the delay of the passport return. Really no idea what's going on.
Clearly the priority is getting the passport just now.

Did you apply in July and send an incomplete application?

LeLe
Newly Registered

Post by LeLe » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:53 pm

Back in July, I sent in the application but got a refusal letter in December. (see my whole story here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=120115)

I follow the instruction on the letter to send a ‘further application” in mid December and got a CoA within one week with different case ID and reference number. I called and enquired about that and the call centre said that they couldn’t see any records on my July application. They said that case was closed. But they could see my December application.
Annoyed but there was nothing I could do. I rang again in January wanted to check if anything has been done. I gave them my July case ID, and under that ID, they then could see my December application. So I guess it’s somehow combined but they still insist that this is a new application and it’s less than 6-month old so they can’t do anything. Really in a helpless situation I have to say….
[/url]

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:25 am

LiLi,

It seems that when you made your initial application in July, there was documents, or information missing.

So they refused you - case closed.

Then you applied again in December - new case.

I don't know if there was a way they can continue your December application, as part of your refused July application, maybe they can, but it doesn't look like it.

It seems that when a decision is arrived at, then that's the case done adn closed, as far as they are concerned.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:55 pm

LeLe wrote:Back in July, I sent in the application but got a refusal letter in December. (see my whole story here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=120115)

I follow the instruction on the letter to send a ‘further application” in mid December and got a CoA within one week with different case ID and reference number. I called and enquired about that and the call centre said that they couldn’t see any records on my July application. They said that case was closed. But they could see my December application.
Annoyed but there was nothing I could do. I rang again in January wanted to check if anything has been done. I gave them my July case ID, and under that ID, they then could see my December application. So I guess it’s somehow combined but they still insist that this is a new application and it’s less than 6-month old so they can’t do anything. Really in a helpless situation I have to say….
[/url]
OK, I remember your case now. You have a case for insisting that the application was not fresh and is thus overdue. See the case law that was posted in your thread at the time.

LeLe
Newly Registered

Post by LeLe » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:59 pm

Thanks EUsmileWEallsmile

I have already sent a letter of complaint this morning. I don't think I will get my passport this week. Losing trust in the system. Even MP office can't get an answer as to what's the current situation with my passport.

I have another business trip planned for 23rd March, I doubt I will even get it then!

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi Lele,
I applied for EEA2 on 4th of Feb 2013; Requested for my wife passport on the 2nd of March 2013, and received it in the post on the 11th of March 2013.

I'll advice you fill in the document return form and forward it (separately) to the 2 email addresses below:
LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk
RODRequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

If after a week, you still didn't get any response,forward the request again.
I guess it worked for me.. 8)

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by nidaulhaque » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:15 pm

i made an eea4 application and request to return both passports but they only sent me back my passport not my wife who is German national.

does my wife need to send an email for her passport?????

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:22 pm

nidaulhaque wrote:i made an eea4 application and request to return both passports but they only sent me back my passport not my wife who is German national.

does my wife need to send an email for her passport?????
Normally only the owner/holder of a document can request it back.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:31 pm

@Jambo: I did request the return of my wife passport and they did

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Jambo wrote: Normally only the owner/holder of a document can request it back.
It does not matter even either of the partner with 1 single email/letter can request back the passports.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

LeLe
Newly Registered

Post by LeLe » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi all,

After one month, we only managed to get my husband's Italian passport back, not mine. This is with the MP's office's assistance. Lost trust in the system completely but nothing can be done. See my other post for complete timeline.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=129179

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Keep a note of everything for your complaint.