ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PNC clearance check letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

destiniation_london

PNC clearance check letter

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:28 am

Hello All,

I recently applied for naturalisation on 2nd March through NCS. As I live in Belfast, I asked for the clearance from the PSNI, which I got and submitted along with my application.

however, when applying for PSNI clearance - I also ticked the option to carry out checks against the PNC database, whose results I just got it delivered yesterday.

Do you guys think I should forward this to the UKBA if it helps in their decision making process quicker.

PS - I still haven't received any acknowledgement letter from them yet.

drzeevoh73

Post by drzeevoh73 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:50 pm

if you have already submitted your application , i would suggest do not send another document now. That might invite undue attention.
That would i do, unless home office asks for something specific.
Best of Luck.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:56 pm

It's just criminal record check clearance letter issued after checking through PNC (police national computer) which I think is check carried out by case-worker.

So, I think it might sped up the process as they can skip that step now for me and don't have to wait for the check response back from agencies.

Just wanted to know if anyone has done that and what address do I send it to

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:38 pm

Anyone knows where to send it to UKBA once I recieve acknowledgemnt letter.

I'm eager to send this clearance check letter as I think it may quicken the process as casewroker would no longer need to run checks again (well, he can if he desires)

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:23 am

should I wait for the acknowledgement letter and would it have the address to send any documents, please share your thoughts

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 am

In the document "General grounds for refusal", following the PSNI caseworker procedure it's stated:

"Under no other circumstances must you request a subject access report from an applicant".

Only the PSNI cannot be accessed by naturalisation caseworkers. There would be no advantage to sending documents to them they can routinely access. Ambiguous as the above is, it's fair to believe that caseworkers not requesting reports other than the PSNI report means they wouldn't be readily accepting reports from applicants either.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:54 am

rod_p wrote:In the document "General grounds for refusal", following the PSNI caseworker procedure it's stated:

"Under no other circumstances must you request a subject access report from an applicant".

Only the PSNI cannot be accessed by naturalisation caseworkers. There would be no advantage to sending documents to them they can routinely access. Ambiguous as the above is, it's fair to believe that caseworkers not requesting reports other than the PSNI report means they wouldn't be readily accepting reports from applicants either.
Thanks rod_p for your reply, it makes sense.
I'd already submitted my PSNI with the application as it was mandatory document to submit when I went for an appointment with Hounslow.
But, I was just curious to send this PNC check results as well in case it help to sped up the application processing. But guess i'll hold back ..