ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting ready for appointment at Croydon PEO-DOC Checklist

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faislondon
BANNED

Getting ready for appointment at Croydon PEO-DOC Checklist

Post by faislondon » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Dear Gurus,

I am applying ILR based on HSMP+TIER 1. I have my appointment on 15 MARCH. My visa is expiring on 18 MARCH. Also I have already completed 5 years on 15 FEB 2013. Below are my document list:-

Main Documents:

Passport
SETO Application form
2 Photographs
Life in UK pass certificate
Covering letter
Employers letter confirming my employment and also authenticating online print out payslips
12 Months pay slips-27 Feb 2012-10 Feb 2013 (BIWEEKLY SLIPS) exact 52 weeks
HMRC UTR letter
National Insurance Class 2 paid receipt
Invoices and client confirmation letters confirming my services
Profit and Loss statement from accountant stamped
Employers Earning statement on accountant letter head stamped
Self Employment Earning statement on accountant letter head stamped
Self Employment sales summary
Accountants letter confirming my gross income from both sources & also confirming UTR number and NI number

Additional Documents:

HSMP approval letter(ORIGINAL)
HSMP endorsement letter
Home office Tier 1 extension letter with point calculation
Graduation Degree(Convocation, 3 years mark sheet,passing certi,english language letter)
Medical certificates and hospital discharge card(2010)
HMRC 5 years history & P60(2010 MISSING)
Tenancy agreement
Land line phone bill last month

Please note I have one absence in 2010 for 4 months and 10 days for medical reasons for which I have all original medical documents.

Guys please advise me if everything is OK. Quick question about D2 SECTION. Do I have to fill that section in SETO form?. Because I have realized that there is another question asking if you have been out of UK for more than 180 days in any consecutive year of 5 years time.

I am planning to leave D2 empty and just say no in the above question as per new rules?.

I will really appreciate your reply.

Thank you.
Nothing is permanent whatever you have enjoy it :-)

db83

Re: Getting ready for appointment at Croydon PEO-DOC Checkli

Post by db83 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:33 pm

faislondon wrote:Dear Gurus,

I am applying ILR based on HSMP+TIER 1. I have my appointment on 15 MARCH. My visa is expiring on 18 MARCH. Also I have already completed 5 years on 15 FEB 2013. Below are my document list:-

Main Documents:

Passport
SETO Application form
2 Photographs
Life in UK pass certificate
Covering letter
Employers letter confirming my employment and also authenticating online print out payslips
12 Months pay slips-27 Feb 2012-10 Feb 2013 (BIWEEKLY SLIPS) exact 52 weeks
HMRC UTR letter
National Insurance Class 2 paid receipt
Invoices and client confirmation letters confirming my services
Profit and Loss statement from accountant stamped
Employers Earning statement on accountant letter head stamped
Self Employment Earning statement on accountant letter head stamped
Self Employment sales summary
Accountants letter confirming my gross income from both sources & also confirming UTR number and NI number

Additional Documents:

HSMP approval letter(ORIGINAL)
HSMP endorsement letter
Home office Tier 1 extension letter with point calculation
Graduation Degree(Convocation, 3 years mark sheet,passing certi,english language letter)
Medical certificates and hospital discharge card(2010)
HMRC 5 years history & P60(2010 MISSING)
Tenancy agreement
Land line phone bill last month

Please note I have one absence in 2010 for 4 months and 10 days for medical reasons for which I have all original medical documents.

Guys please advise me if everything is OK. Quick question about D2 SECTION. Do I have to fill that section in SETO form?. Because I have realized that there is another question asking if you have been out of UK for more than 180 days in any consecutive year of 5 years time.

I am planning to leave D2 empty and just say no in the above question as per new rules?.

I will really appreciate your reply.

Thank you.
D2 about 3months can be left empty. Fill the other question about more than 6 months.

When you say self employed, are u operating a ltd company ? If yes, then you need to carry the certificate of incorporation, VAT certificate and business bank account statements to be on the safer side.

If possible, compute an absence sheet for the days outside the country and the passport stamping page. See template in sticky notes. That proved to be very helpful when I applied, as the CW quickly scanned through the days and passport stampings.

Rest everything looks good to me.

Good luck, looks a straight fwd case
I'm just trying to help !

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:45 pm

Thank you db83.

I appreciate your valuable information. I am self employed not a ltd company director. Hence submitting UTR number. I am operating just one current account for both the earnings. Which I will highlight in different colours.

Also I am including absence sheet. However copy of passport stamping pages is a good idea. I will do that. D2 I will leave empty and just say in the 6 months question.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 am

no suggestions ?

db83

Post by db83 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:19 am

faislondon wrote:no suggestions ?
Looks okay to me. And make sure your accountant acknowledges this fact reflecting the payment of NI tax, invoice payment and bank statement with a letter.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:50 am

db83 wrote:
faislondon wrote:no suggestions ?
Looks okay to me. And make sure your accountant acknowledges this fact reflecting the payment of NI tax, invoice payment and bank statement with a letter.
db83 has got his ILR recently.Please read his experience. So his suggestions should be complete. God luck with your ILR.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Hi,

Thank you. I do have accountants letter confirming Self employment earnings. Also I do have the NI receipt acknowledgement along with the copy of cheque which I provided to HMRC. It also reflects on my statement.

db83

Post by db83 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:21 pm

faislondon wrote:Hi,

Thank you. I do have accountants letter confirming Self employment earnings. Also I do have the NI receipt acknowledgement along with the copy of cheque which I provided to HMRC. It also reflects on my statement.
Good stuff, everything looks okay to me. I gave the same set - except that I'd a limited company, so provided business bank statemnts and supporting letter from accountant acknowledging the payments to my personal bank account

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:58 pm

Just to avoid the delay. I have before hand got the service confirmation letters from my clients confirming the services I provided and also the amount they paid. What that help to speed up rhe process.?. Since I am providing invoices also.

db83

Post by db83 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:25 pm

faislondon wrote:Just to avoid the delay. I have before hand got the service confirmation letters from my clients confirming the services I provided and also the amount they paid. What that help to speed up rhe process.?. Since I am providing invoices also.
I think you have been very proactive and have got all the stuff ! Can't think of any more documents...
If you are paying by card, make sure you contact bank to tell them that a big transaction will go through your account-just to make sure that the bank doesn't stop your payment !
If you have a tesco credit card, use it to get some clubcard points ;-)

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Thank you mate for your kind comment.

Yes i will call my bank to inform. I am paying via debit card will not use credit card.

itsmetheleo
Newly Registered

Post by itsmetheleo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:13 am

Refer

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=128259

I applied in the same way. Self Employed Contractor and not through business accounts.

Make sure UTR and NI Number is mentioned in the Accountant letters.
1. General letter explaining the gross earnings, expenses and net earnings and name of the bank, account number the funds are paid as well.
2. Table with Date of Invoice, Client Name, Amount and Date of Remittances

Hope it helps

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:39 pm

Dear Member,

It looks like my case is very much similar to yours I havre accountatnts letter detailing mu UTR and NI number also employment earning summary along with self employment summary.
Stamped and signed.

Please let me know if everything is ok.

Much appreciated.

itsmetheleo
Newly Registered

Post by itsmetheleo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:29 pm

Thats perfect. You wouldnt need more than that.
Just make sure your Accountant mentions his registration number and his qualification. eg ACCA

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:21 pm

Yes the accountant letter does states ACCA and registration number.