ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Year Route with EU Dependant Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

unfair

10 Year Route with EU Dependant Visa

Post by unfair » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:47 pm

Posted on behalf of a friend:

I came to England in 2003 on a student visa. In 2007/8 I switched to the International Graduate Scheme. I applied again in 2009 but was denied. During the appeal period I got married to my boyfriend who is a EU national and therefore switched to 5 years stay as a relative of a EU national.
I am now considering applying for ILR via the 10 year qualifying route as I have been resident in the UK 10 years continuously.
I would like to know if I can apply using that route, and also whether I’ll be required to produce anything of my husband’s because as it stands, we have just divorced and I have no idea of his whereabouts. I was also away from the country for 4 months and I would like to know if that would also affect my application.