ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in Immigration Status - WP to HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp2102
Newly Registered

Change in Immigration Status - WP to HSMP

Post by hsmp2102 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:59 pm

Hello,

I am an Indian national working in the UK on a work permit which is valid till March 2008. I have applied for the HSMP and my application for the same has been approved. Now I am planning to get Visa (FLR) based on my HSMP approval.

I have a few doubts, it would be a great help if anyone can answer my questions -

1. If I get the Visa (FLR) based on my HSMP approval, can I continue to work with my current employer i.e the employer who has procured my work permit. (till such a time that I get a new job)
2. After getting the Visa (FLR), am I required by law to tell my employer the change in my immigration status.
3. Does my employer has to do anything or inform anyone because of the change in my immigration status

Many Thanks
Mohit

meggles

Post by meggles » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:43 pm

i just did this. WP to HSMP.

i never informed my employer. i did have to make up a reason for them to sign the letter detailing my salary for the given time period.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Change in Immigration Status - WP to HSMP

Post by pantaiema » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:45 pm

1. Yes
2. No you do not have to
3. No

That is the advantage of having HSMP

Pantaiema
hsmp2102 wrote:Hello,

1. If I get the Visa (FLR) based on my HSMP approval, can I continue to work with my current employer i.e the employer who has procured my work permit. (till such a time that I get a new job)
2. After getting the Visa (FLR), am I required by law to tell my employer the change in my immigration status.
3. Does my employer has to do anything or inform anyone because of the change in my immigration status

Many Thanks
Mohit