ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance fund reduced

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Perfect 4

Maintenance fund reduced

Post by Perfect 4 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 am

Hi there,
My friend kept £1500 in his bank account as maintenance fund for his and his wife's tier 1 general extention. but about £100 have been spent by mistake. now he has got £1400 in his account and visa will expire in the first week of June. Can anyone tell if there is any solution for this problem. His wife has got more than £1600 in her account for few months and never gone less than £1500. Can that amount be used as maintenance fund?
Many thanks

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:48 am

You can use her account to show her maintenance money and your account to show your required fund. This should be fine. She should have at least £600 in her account and £900 in your account. you will be fine.

paba89

Post by paba89 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:51 pm

zahmed05 wrote:You can use her account to show her maintenance money and your account to show your required fund. This should be fine. She should have at least £600 in her account and £900 in your account. you will be fine.
I will second zahemd. You should be fine. You just need to show both statements and on your cove letter clearly mention that you are maintaining your funds in your account and same for your spouse.

Perfect 4

Maintenance fund reduced

Post by Perfect 4 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:55 am

This ia my request to both of you, please don't advise anyone anything untill you are not 100% sure about that. I have checked on UKBA wabsite that main applicant can not use anyone else account to show maintenance funds. Please reffer to para (f) in the link given below.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixc/

Please don't mind but think how important it could be for someone.
Thanks

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:15 am

We were not talking about using some one else statement. Wife was using her statement and husband was using his which is completely fine and acceptable by UKBA. Check the dependent form and it asks are you using the same statement or different statement for maintenance. What's the issue her?

PS: read your link again with open eyes. For dependent application wife is applicant and she can produce her statements. If you don't like free advice then don't waste our time and go straight to solicitor.