ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointment for Tier 1 - Application for Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Would they let me in??

Poll ended at Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:28 pm

No way...
No votes
They might...
100%

Total votes: 1

bruce.wayne
Newly Registered

Appointment for Tier 1 - Application for Tier 2

Post by bruce.wayne » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Hello Experts..

I have an appointment for 11th March, 2013. I got it for myself after a week of sleepless nights last month. I am applying for Tier 2 General. But when I was printing off the appointment confirmation yesterday, I realized for the first time that the Appointment is for Tier 1 General :O
The email usually does not tell you the category but when you log in you get to see it... The day I got the appointment it was around 1 AM and I don't know how I selected Tier 1 in the drop down.

Any idea if I land up on the 11th if I would be entertained or shown the door straight away?

Look forward to your thoughts...

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:19 pm

I think better to call them and explain situation?

one thing how can you log on and see appointment ?

I have received email confirmation but when I log in I can't see my appointment there?

bruce.wayne
Newly Registered

All is well that ends well

Post by bruce.wayne » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Hello Jibri,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did that before I posted to the forum. I was told to send an email to a certain address. To reply to my email I was told I would have to cancel the appointment and re-book... which effectively meant I would be waiting for another month and continue having sleepless nights.

I thought it is better to travel to Sheffield instead. And guess what... no one even bothered to ask me which category was my appointment booked for. They just ensured I was the same person who had booked the appointment. I went through the security check, then went to the reception, received a token. In the next 10 minutes my application was verified and accepted for processing and I had made the payment. Within the next hour and a half I was out of the PEO office :)

The staffs in Sheffield office are extremely friendly and warm...

Now to answer your question... when you log in to your account and go to your 'My Transaction' tab... if you have a valid appointment it is displayed there and you would find your category in a blue bar right there on top... just below the 'My Transaction' tab... Hope this helps.

Take care...

jibri
BANNED

Re: All is well that ends well

Post by jibri » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:12 pm

bruce.wayne wrote:Hello Jibri,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did that before I posted to the forum. I was told to send an email to a certain address. To reply to my email I was told I would have to cancel the appointment and re-book... which effectively meant I would be waiting for another month and continue having sleepless nights.

I thought it is better to travel to Sheffield instead. And guess what... no one even bothered to ask me which category was my appointment booked for. They just ensured I was the same person who had booked the appointment. I went through the security check, then went to the reception, received a token. In the next 10 minutes my application was verified and accepted for processing and I had made the payment. Within the next hour and a half I was out of the PEO office :)

Good bruce and congratulation I emailed to UKBA and they confirm my appointment only reason that its not showing in my account because of some technical issues I am going on 14 March now . can you tell me please what kind of questions they ask during appointment ?

The staffs in Sheffield office are extremely friendly and warm...

Now to answer your question... when you log in to your account and go to your 'My Transaction' tab... if you have a valid appointment it is displayed there and you would find your category in a blue bar right there on top... just below the 'My Transaction' tab... Hope this helps.

Take care...

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Good bruce and congratulation I emailed to UKBA and they confirm my appointment only reason that its not showing in my account because of some technical issues I am going on 14 March now . can you tell me please what kind of questions they ask during appointment ?