ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croatian family members to UK after 01.07.2013

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

simmo

Croatian family members to UK after 01.07.2013

Post by simmo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Brief history - Mrs Simmo is Canadian with ILR in UK, I am British citizen.

Our in-laws are retired in Canada, they are naturalized Canadian citizens. They also hold Croatian passports, having emigrated to Canada some years ago.

I understand that once Croatia accedes to the EU on 1 July this year, the UK will impose work restrictions on Croatians. However, am I correct in assuming that provided they are self-sufficient (retired) and hold medical insurance they can come and go from the UK as they please, staying as long as they like, helping out round the house etc? I take it UKBA would have no issue with this?

Thanks in advance.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Croatian family members to UK after 01.07.2013

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:40 pm

simmo wrote:Brief history - Mrs Simmo is Canadian with ILR in UK, I am British citizen.

Our in-laws are retired in Canada, they are naturalized Canadian citizens. They also hold Croatian passports.

I understand that once Croatia accedes to the EU on 1 July this year, the UK will impose work restrictions on Croatians. However, am I correct in assuming that provided they are self-sufficient (retired) and hold medical insurance they can come and go from the UK as they please
What you propose above would be fine. Prior to three months residence, no restrictions can be imposed; post three months, then EU national would need to be exercising treaty rights - self-sufficient in the case you outline.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Moved to correct forum section.