ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Car registration affect on Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xgenx123
Newly Registered

Car registration affect on Passport application

Post by xgenx123 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:50 pm

I am applying for british passport following naturisation ceremony; however I had a concern. My car is registered at my old address and so is the insurance. Now that I have moved address and the DVLA would take atleast 4 weeks for the address to be changed and issue with a new log book. On my passport application I would be using new address as there is no section that asks for the previous address. Surely the interview will be in few weeks and during that time my car would be registered at a different address. Will this affects on the passport application or should I wait until I receive the new log book?

Yameen
Newly Registered

Re: Car registration affect on Passport application

Post by Yameen » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:50 pm

Guys, one of my friend has got similar issue with moving address. Can any experts put some light here please?

xgenx123 wrote:I am applying for british passport following naturisation ceremony; however I had a concern. My car is registered at my old address and so is the insurance. Now that I have moved address and the DVLA would take atleast 4 weeks for the address to be changed and issue with a new log book. On my passport application I would be using new address as there is no section that asks for the previous address. Surely the interview will be in few weeks and during that time my car would be registered at a different address. Will this affects on the passport application or should I wait until I receive the new log book?

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi,

It has got nothing to do with your BC application.

Hope this will answer your question.

Yameen
Newly Registered

Post by Yameen » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Many thanks but my friend is applying for passport as he already has been naturalised. Don't know the case with xgenx123.
Smam wrote:Hi,

xgenx123
Newly Registered

Post by xgenx123 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:58 pm

I in same boat as Yameen. Have got been Naturalised after BC application.
Yameen wrote:Many thanks but my friend is applying for passport as he already has been naturalised. Don't know the case with xgenx123.

xgenx123
Newly Registered

Post by xgenx123 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:21 pm

Any takers for the issue please?
xgenx123 wrote:I in same boat as Yameen. Have got been Naturalised after BC application.
Yameen wrote:Many thanks but my friend is applying for passport as he already has been naturalised. Don't know the case with xgenx123.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:47 pm

How does your car registration affect your passport application?? They are two completely different organisations. DVLA takes about 7 working days to update and resend your change of address details anyway.

People move house, that's life and can be easily explained if you are asked, but really don't see what the actual issue is as not related at all in terms of the two processes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.