ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC Referee Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Adojay

BC Referee Requirement

Post by Adojay » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:03 am

Sorry guys if these questions have been answered in the past. I want to find out if referees filling out section 5 of the form AN must;

1. Be ordinarily resident in the UK. The reason for this is that one of my potential referees, though a British Citizen is now resident in Republic of Ireland.

2. Give out their dates of birth. The reason for this is that I plan asking my local GP to help, but do not know if they are going to be comfortable giving out that bit of their personal information.

3. Include current British citizen Passport number

Is there anyone who has successfully applied without referees stating their dates of birth, and/or resident in the UK.

Thank you

Adojay
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

Adojay

Re: BC Referee Requirement

Post by Adojay » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:21 pm

Adojay wrote:Sorry guys if these questions have been answered in the past. I want to find out if referees filling out section 5 of the form AN must;

1. Be ordinarily resident in the UK. The reason for this is that one of my potential referees, though a British Citizen is now resident in Republic of Ireland.

2. Give out their dates of birth. The reason for this is that I plan asking my local GP to help, but do not know if they are going to be comfortable giving out that bit of their personal information.

Is there anyone who has successfully applied without referees stating their dates of birth, and/or resident in the UK.

Thank you

Adojay
How come people are just viewing this thread, and no one bothers to contribute? Is it a case of no one so far knows the answers or that no one even bothers?

- Vince Lombardi

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:22 am

Hi Guys,

Could somebody please respond to my queries?

- Vince Lombardi

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 am

Adojay wrote:Hi Guys,

With this sort of attitude it is unlikely anyone will reply.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ngtheform/

Makes it very clear what the requirements are. Would have thought this is pretty straightforward. If the GP does the form, think you will find that many people do not get the GP to sign it these day, they would give their date of birth.
pennyless

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:58 am

pennylessinindia wrote:

Makes it very clear what the requirements are. Would have thought this is pretty straightforward. If the GP does the form, think you will find that many people do not get the GP to sign it these day, they would give their date of birth.
Thanks Pennyless.

What sort of attitude are you referring to? I was simply stating the obvious that no one was willing to provide answers to my queries. Mind, in my own little way, I have also assisted members with issues on this forum as well. Nothing to do with attitude in my books.

On your response to my queries, I already have access to form AN guide which details exactly what yours provides. However, it still does not answer the questions I have posed. No where does it state if potential referees must be resident in the UK or not. Or whether or not they must provide their current British citizen passport number if they have one.

Don't get me wrong. I really appreciate your help in responding, but will appreciate more.

- Vince Lombardi

xgenx123
Newly Registered

Post by xgenx123 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Most of the referee's should not have an issue giving out personel information if they've known you for a while >3 yrs. I would get someone who you work with on daily basis as you would have good rapport with them. Most of us do manage to get the referees put in personal information so I hope you wouldn't have much of a problem.
Adojay wrote:
pennylessinindia wrote:

Thanks Pennyless.

What sort of attitude are you referring to? I was simply stating the obvious that no one was willing to provide answers to my queries. Mind, in my own little way, I have also assisted members with issues on this forum as well. Nothing to do with attitude in my books.

On your response to my queries, I already have access to form AN guide which details exactly what yours provides. However, it still does not answer the questions I have posed. No where does it state if potential referees must be resident in the UK or not. Or whether or not they must provide their current British citizen passport number if they have one.

Don't get me wrong. I really appreciate your help in responding, but will appreciate more.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Adojay wrote:

1. That's fine. It is not required for the referee to be a UK resident.
2. Professional referee may exclude DOB but s/he must provide his/her business/official address.
3. Again, professional referee may exclude this but must write "information available on request" or something to that effect.

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:17 am

xgenx123 wrote:Most of the referee's should not have an issue giving out personel information if they've known you for a while >3 yrs. I would get someone who you work with on daily basis as you would have good rapport with them. Most of us do manage to get the referees put in personal information so I hope you wouldn't have much of a problem.
Adojay wrote:
pennylessinindia wrote:

Thanks Pennyless.

Thanks. I haven't asked yet, but just want to be prepared for any eventualities.

- Vince Lombardi

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:18 am

ban.s wrote:
Adojay wrote:

1. That's fine. It is not required for the referee to be a UK resident.
2. Professional referee may exclude DOB but s/he must provide his/her business/official address.
3. Again, professional referee may exclude this but must write "information available on request" or something to that effect.
Thank you so much. Just the perfect answer I need.

I appreciate.

- Vince Lombardi