ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ishy

Re: RC today

Post by Ishy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:53 am

Netopor wrote:Hey guys,
I've just got my RC today so happy and relieved :)

here is my timeline

EEA2 sent: 3/01/13
EEA2 HO received: 4/01/13
COA received: 1/02/13 dated: 29/01/13
RC received: 11/03/13 dated : 4/03/13

just 2 and a half months :)) never call or email after got COA

wish all you good luck

Hello Netopor ! Congratulations !
2 month and a half... I am sure you forgot that you submited it at that point... and were not expected that.
Can I ask you your Nationality? as well as your partner. I think this is a big factor in the speed of the process of EEA2 application.

ahmad_785

Post by ahmad_785 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:56 am

ok this whole thing is getting out of hand how on earth people who are waiting from august are waiting for their rcs but people who sent in January already received theirs
no Offence to any one but home office is seriously pissing me of with this random dates rc
hmmmmm

i forgot my SIGNATURE :)

keloid

Post by keloid » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Rc received!

Application Sent: 5 September
Received: 6 September
COA: 12 October
RC received: 5 March

6 months exactly!

ideal13
Newly Registered

Post by ideal13 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:18 pm

ahmad_785 wrote:ok this whole thing is getting out of hand how on earth people who are waiting from august are waiting for their rcs but people who sent in January already received theirs
no Offence to any one but home office is seriously pissing me of with this random dates rc
I think HO is doing This , just to fix their performance statistics for the first quater 2013...

Netopor
Newly Registered

Post by Netopor » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:56 pm

Ishy wrote:

here is my timeline

wish all you good luck

2 month and a half... I am sure you forgot that you submited it at that point... and were not expected that.
Can I ask you your Nationality? as well as your partner. I think this is a big factor in the speed of the process of EEA2 application.
Hi Ishy,
Yeah, we did not expect it to be this fast at all!
This is the partner (Opor). She is a Thai national and I am Danish. You may be right regarding the nationality affecting the application process. Another factor which I think helped was that we supplied them with lots of supporting documents: my payslips backdating for 6 months, Facebook timeline photos of our relationship (figured that this would prove that this was not a 'scam' marriage). my tax code from HMRC, back statement backtracking 6 months, Net's university papers and more.
Anyways, wish you guys all of luck. Going to celebrate this tonight :)

Ishy

Post by Ishy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Netopor wrote:
Ishy wrote:

here is my timeline

wish all you good luck

Hi Ishy,
This is the partner (Opor). She is a Thai national and I am Danish. You may be right regarding the nationality affecting the application process. Another factor which I think helped was that we supplied them with lots of supporting documents: my payslips backdating for 6 months, Facebook timeline photos of our relationship (figured that this would prove that this was not a 'scam' marriage). my tax code from HMRC, back statement backtracking 6 months, Net's university papers and more.

Congrats again. I am an October applicant. I am French and my wife is Moroccan. it's been 5 months. I have given them the exact same document as you and more. Including my work contract, letter from employer, P60 since 2008 6 month payslips, bank statements, letters from Uni saying that I was studying there from 2004 to 2008, bills... And more.
I don't think the documents have anything to do with that.
So I beleive it is the Case worker and your luck.
I think we have seen enought to prove that this is the case.
UKBA should train their casworker to be more objective and not let their personal feeling jeopardise the future of thousands of people.

They is be more to be done in that area. Surely there is nothing as perfect fairness, ok. But when it is really not fair, there should be something we should be able to do. People we should be able to contact and let know that something wrong is happening here.

UKBA is like a wall, that you can contact. Has anyone here been able to contact someone at any point?
Complain to someone?

Did that complaint had any effect on their application process?

hari.s
United Kingdom

Post by hari.s » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Just received my COA (with right to work) a month after application. Seems a bit late compared to most people who applied before or around the same time I did, but I will take it. Better than having no ID at all.

There is a case ID number mentioned on it. Do any of you think it would be helpful if I repeatedly bug them to get my RC issued?

I would have emailed them already but there's an EEA1 application attached to my EEA2 application, but I don't have a case ID number for the EEA1 and I'm afraid that application will be delayed more than mine if I'm unable to cite a specific case ID number for that too.

If you file a joint application for EEA1 & EEA2, are your case ID numbers the same?
EEA FP: 07/09/2012
UK entry: 23/09/2012
EEA1+EEA2: 19/04/2013
Non-EEA PR+EEA DCPR: 11/12/2017+16/12/2017
British citizenship: 06/12/2018

dcruz

Post by dcruz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:02 pm

hari.s wrote:Just received my COA (with right to work) a month after application. Seems a bit late compared to most people who applied before or around the same time I did, but I will take it. Better than having no ID at all.

There is a case ID number mentioned on it. Do any of you think it would be helpful if I repeatedly bug them to get my RC issued?

I would have emailed them already but there's an EEA1 application attached to my EEA2 application, but I don't have a case ID number for the EEA1 and I'm afraid that application will be delayed more than mine if I'm unable to cite a specific case ID number for that too.

If you file a joint application for EEA1 & EEA2, are your case ID numbers the same?

Do u know the email id on which u can bug them to process your RC fast,i am waiting from october for EEA1 and EEA2.i phoned them many times but they dont check the process till six months have completed

hari.s
United Kingdom

Post by hari.s » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:06 pm

The trick here seems to be to contact them in due time over the passport return email and then proceed to provide them a delayed date at which you need your passport back. It seems to have worked for most people here who I have seen get their RC issued within 2 months or so.

I don't know if I'd recommend this method to you, but you can consult some other posters here and then decide. I have never contacted UKBA about this. This was just something I was thinking about and thought I might as well ask some people here for opinions before proceeding (if I do).

dcruz wrote:
hari.s wrote:Just received my COA (with right to work) a month after application. Seems a bit late compared to most people who applied before or around the same time I did, but I will take it. Better than having no ID at all.

Do u know the email id on which u can bug them to process your RC fast,i am waiting from october for EEA1 and EEA2.i phoned them many times but they dont check the process till six months have completed
EEA FP: 07/09/2012
UK entry: 23/09/2012
EEA1+EEA2: 19/04/2013
Non-EEA PR+EEA DCPR: 11/12/2017+16/12/2017
British citizenship: 06/12/2018

dcruz

Post by dcruz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm

This is really pissing me off people who applied in January are getting their RC and people who are waiting from September and October still waiting. No hard feelings against the people who have received their RC.

Netopor
Newly Registered

Post by Netopor » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Ishy wrote:
Netopor wrote:
Ishy wrote:

here is my timeline

wish all you good luck

Hi Ishy,

Congrats again. I am an October applicant. I am French and my wife is Moroccan. it's been 5 months. I have given them the exact same document as you and more. Including my work contract, letter from employer, P60 since 2008 6 month payslips, bank statements, letters from Uni saying that I was studying there from 2004 to 2008, bills... And more.
I don't think the documents have anything to do with that.
So I beleive it is the Case worker and your luck.
I think we have seen enought to prove that this is the case.
UKBA should train their casworker to be more objective and not let their personal feeling jeopardise the future of thousands of people.

They is be more to be done in that area. Surely there is nothing as perfect fairness, ok. But when it is really not fair, there should be something we should be able to do. People we should be able to contact and let know that something wrong is happening here.

UKBA is like a wall, that you can contact. Has anyone here been able to contact someone at any point?
Complain to someone?

Did that complaint had any effect on their application process?
Yeah that is unfair that is relies on luck and the individual case worker. Honestly, I have been reading this blog and cannot find any reason for why we have received ours and others have not. As happy as I am for my wife and myself, it does not make any sense why sometimes it takes 2 months and other times 6 months. I completely agree with you that there should be some sort of hotline should be established so we can get some information while waiting. I remember calling about the COA and all I got was you have to wait...that case worker did not want the reference or anything cause he said it would not be in their system...o.O

lannalondon1
Newly Registered

6 months over

Post by lannalondon1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi guys,

I applied for EEA unmarried partner visa more than 6 months ago and still haven't heard from HO. I called them and they said I have to wait. I don't mind waiting but I read how applicants waiting over 6 months are more likely to be declined RC. Do you think that is the case? Are there any other applicants from September. I am getting desperate....

tialad2003
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by tialad2003 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:19 pm

So is it safe to say that the average waiting time for COA for applicants this year is 1 month?

Kixmug

Post by Kixmug » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi Guys, just so u know am in the same spot like most of u members on here😁...!
Me n my wife have called, written even asked our MP to ask them to make a decision cuz its now coming to 9 n half mouths. It's been 5weeks now since mp wrote them n still nothing. Am african my wife Swedish. I called again to today n all i got was u sir must wait😁!
I was like, Oi! Have been waiting for almost 42weeks.
Yet the by law you must make a decision within 26 weeks timeline.
Then. His like am sorry I can help you😁...! To be honest i cant even sleep at night. All we need's ukba to make a decision simple as. Yes or No so we know our next step.

My timelines is as follows:
EEA2 application sent: 30/05/2012
EEA2 Application received : 31/05/2012
COA received: 28/08/2012 (Dated 22/08/2012) with right to work.
RC: ..?????

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Kixmug wrote:Hi Guys, just so u know am in the same spot like most of u members on here��...!
Me n my wife have called, written even asked our MP to ask them to make a decision cuz its now coming to 9 n half mouths. It's been 5weeks now since mp wrote them n still nothing. Am african my wife Swedish. I called again to today n all i got was u sir must wait��!
Then. His like am sorry I can help you��...! To be honest i cant even sleep at night. All we need's ukba to make a decision simple as. Yes or No so we know our next step.

Have you made a complaint to the UKBA official complaints email address?
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

Kixmug

Post by Kixmug » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:04 pm

My wife did back in January 2013 but with No luck.
Do u mind passing on that email address please.
Thnk

amie1231

Post by amie1231 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:55 pm

I am in the same boat as you pal. I am a husband of Romanian wwife with permanent residence status in UK with 14month old child together.my application is gonna be 9months in 3days .After letters from my Solicitor,myself and my wife had no response from UKBA, My local MP sent a letter as it jas passed 6months and it was comfirmed to my MP by UKBA 5weeks ago that they have prioritized the case to prosess within 10working days.If I don't hear from them after the 10working days we should contact them.And as I mentioned,it's been 5weeks now and nothing has been received.My MP has sent another letter as he was not happy at all about that failed promise they made to him.
I am hoping to receive a response this time soon hopefully this week.
My time line:
Application Received : 14/06/2012
COA with right to work : 21/09/2012
RC:Not received after close to 9months,several letters and letter from MP
Kixmug wrote:Hi Guys, just so u know am in the same spot like most of u members on here😁...!
Me n my wife have called, written even asked our MP to ask them to make a decision cuz its now coming to 9 n half mouths. It's been 5weeks now since mp wrote them n still nothing. Am african my wife Swedish. I called again to today n all i got was u sir must wait😁!
Then. His like am sorry I can help you😁...! To be honest i cant even sleep at night. All we need's ukba to make a decision simple as. Yes or No so we know our next step.

Hi I am new to this site and I believe that your answers to my post will really help me out as i am in a state of confusion just now...

Thetruth007thetruth
Newly Registered

Post by Thetruth007thetruth » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:25 am

Hi mate i have the same scenario-My wife is Romanian who is exercising treaty right and has been 10 months now no response-My Mp contacted them about two weeks ago and still waiting. I am African husband as well-To be fair they do not care what you have to do just arrange any compensation you gonna claim from them later as this is what they deserve. I am planning to claim more than ten grand as have lost my job as well and they must pay it.

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:09 am

Kixmug wrote:My wife did back in January 2013 but with No luck.
Do u mind passing on that email address please.
Thnk
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... complaint/

Try copying in: Rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (Chief Executive of UKBA).

ideal13
Newly Registered

Post by ideal13 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:17 am

Thetruth007thetruth wrote:Hi mate i have the same scenario-My wife is Romanian who is exercising treaty right and has been 10 months now no response-My Mp contacted them about two weeks ago and still waiting. I am African husband as well-To be fair they do not care what you have to do just arrange any compensation you gonna claim from them later as this is what they deserve. I am planning to claim more than ten grand as have lost my job as well and they must pay it.
hey guys,

I am feeling awful when i read what you went through. And actually I lost any hope for my card to arrive on time, meaning loosing my job. I will go to the court as well, but honestly nobody will be able to return our jobs now, and all those nerves we spent for nothing because of them...
I just dont get why MPs do not do anything about it, they need to talk to the Immigration minister and raise the question about changing something for the EEA2 applications etc.

sdoo
Newly Registered

Post by sdoo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:17 am

I applied as an unmarried partner to my EU partner.We have two children together aged 5 and one.
Here is my timeframe.

EEA2 Application sent:28.01.13
EEA2 Recieved by HO:29.01.13
CAO Recieved :01.03.13 dated 28.02.13(without rights to work)
RC ??????

i m concerned that they issued me with a COA with no rights to work not that i m bothered about working at the moment as i m a full time daddy which is lonely.will keep everyone updated on the progress of my application.

Luhby
Newly Registered

Asking for the passport

Post by Luhby » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:03 pm

So I had asked my EEA partner's passport last monday through the post office tracking number, since we hadn't received yet the letter, and nothing. But meanwhile we received it. So yesterday we sent another e-mail to them. Does anyone knows how long they usually take to post it, and they send it with our pre paid envelope? Cuz I'm tracking it to se if they posted.
My husband has to travel early april and we are really worried about it.

sdoo
Newly Registered

Post by sdoo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:56 pm

ahmad_785 wrote:ok this whole thing is getting out of hand how on earth people who are waiting from august are waiting for their rcs but people who sent in January already received theirs
----------------------------------------

I think a lot depends on your current location on application.If you are based in the north of England ie scouseland, Manchester,Newcastle etc you are bound to get yours quicker as checks on applicants can be done easily.If you are in the southern part of England be prepared to languish.Thats my take anyway.

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:59 pm

sdoo wrote:I think a lot depends on your current location on application.If you are based in the north of England ie scouseland, Manchester,Newcastle etc you are bound to get yours quicker as checks on applicants can be done easily.If you are in the southern part of England be prepared to languish.Thats my take anyway.
I'm interested to hear your reasoning behind this? How is it easier to do checks on applicants in the North?

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:01 pm

sdoo wrote:I applied as an unmarried partner ...
i m concerned that they issued me with a COA with no rights to work not that i m bothered about working at the moment as i m a full time daddy which is lonely.will keep everyone updated on the progress of my application.
The UKBA do not automatically confirm your right to work when you apply as an unmarried partner - I applied as an unmarried partner, and received a COA without the right to work. This of course had no influence on my application, which was approved in less than 4 months.