ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Holiday's after applying for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

poppets
Newly Registered

Holiday's after applying for citizenship

Post by poppets » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi

I'm wanting to know if I send my ID card with my citizenship application can I leave to the country to go on holiday using my passport?

Its a short holiday of 10 days.

thanks

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Re: Holiday's after applying for citizenship

Post by jms_uk » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:05 am

poppets wrote:Hi

I'm wanting to know if I send my ID card with my citizenship application can I leave to the country to go on holiday using my passport?

thanks
As long as you don't leave for at least 5 days after sending your application [to ensure that UKBA has received it] you should be OK.

I went abroad twice while my application was processed, although I have used NCS and got to keep my passport.

niteshj

Re: Holiday's after applying for citizenship

Post by niteshj » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:22 am

jms_uk wrote:
poppets wrote:Hi

thanks
As long as you don't leave for at least 5 days after sending your application [to ensure that UKBA has received it] you should be OK.

I went abroad twice while my application was processed, although I have used NCS and got to keep my passport.
this is no longer a requirement .. you can travel immediately after applying for your citizenship (assuming you apply at NCS and get your passport back) due to some changes that came into effect a few months back

however, the OP is asking a slightly different question I think as he mentioned 'sending'. hopefully, somebody else can answer this question but sounds like a strange one.

Why don't you just use NCS? they will copy all your document and give it all back to you and then you are free to go with your ID card and passport in hand.

I believe you need to send your passport in to UKBA if you are not using NCS to prove your residential requirements criteria (unless you are using a different method to prove your residence)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:20 am

I believe the OP is EU national so he wishes to send his national ID and travel on his passport. If this is the case, it is possible although I would probably send the passport and travel on the ID card (if within the EU).