ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for baby

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haneef_it
Newly Registered

British Citizenship for baby

Post by haneef_it » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:43 am

Hi,

I have received my ILR last month and both my child and wife are in Tier2 dependent and their visa going to expire only on Feb'14. But mywife is eligible for ILR on Aug. So I am going to apply ILR for her in Aug'13.

My child born in UK. Can I apply citizenship directly for my child now even though my wife didn't get ILR and only I have ILR? Both the parents required ILR to apply citizenship for child?

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: British Citizenship for baby

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:15 pm

haneef_it wrote:Hi,

I have received my ILR last month and both my child and wife are in Tier2 dependent and their visa going to expire only on Feb'14. But mywife is eligible for ILR on Aug. So I am going to apply ILR for her in Aug'13.

My child born in UK. Can I apply citizenship directly for my child now even though my wife didn't get ILR and only I have ILR? Both the parents required ILR to apply citizenship for child?
Yes you can apply for your child's citizenship using MN1. You only need one parent to have ILR.
see this for details (see the section marked Children.)
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747