ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 DEPENDENT TENANCY REQUIREMENT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hershey14

TIER 2 DEPENDENT TENANCY REQUIREMENT

Post by hershey14 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:30 pm

HI ALL,
Is there a tenancy requirement for tier 2 General dependent application?
Please let me know if anyone can confirm this...the policy guidance is a bit confusing...
Thanks

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:38 pm

No. A tenancy agreement is neither mandatory nor sought by UKBA for tier 2 dependants. All you need is

1) Proof of relationship (Marrige certificate or Birth certificate if the dependant is a child aged < 16 years)
2) Evidence for Fund maintenance (in the form of cash in bank/building society).

hershey14

Post by hershey14 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Thanks for the reply... I couldn't find anything in the guidance so I was confused.

Also on this forum everyone who has put up a list of documents to submit with tier 2 dependent application included tenancy agreement....

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:50 pm

Well, It's a superfluous evidence that you can accommodate your dependant. However, this is not mandatory although submitting (assuming you have one) would make your case strong. Good luck.

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:54 pm

cfdman wrote:No. A tenancy agreement is neither mandatory nor sought by UKBA for tier 2 dependants. All you need is

1) Proof of relationship (Marrige certificate or Birth certificate if the dependant is a child aged < 16 years)
2) Evidence for Fund maintenance (in the form of cash in bank/building society).
Hi frnd,
Can you just tell me what is the exact maintenance fund have to maintain in my account for my wife when she is applying tier 2 general dependant from india. I got tier 2 general visa from 14dec 2013.
please reply

hershey14

Post by hershey14 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:57 pm

Thanks again....
here is the situation I am in...

My wife is in UK and her current tenancy ends on 24th march. Her landlord made an error and renewed her tenancy from 27th march. so there is a 3 day gap on the tenancy agreements. Landlord also gave a letter which states that my wife's current tenancy runs till 26th march and the new tenancy is in place from 27th march.

I was planning on submitting both tenancies but since there is a 3 day gap from 24th to 27th I didn't wanna take a chance....

You think submitting the letter from landlord and the new tenancy would be ok?

your advice is greatly appreciated... I just don't wanna take any chance...

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 pm

You should have £900 + £600 = £1500 in total for 3 months.

hershey14

Post by hershey14 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:00 pm

@karthiktr from my understanding 600 pounds for your wife if you have been in UK for over a year. If you have been in UK for less than a year then you will have to show 600 (for wife) + 900 (for yourself)...

which application center is your wife applying at? I am applying from Delhi for the same tier 2 general dependent

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:01 pm

You think submitting the letter from landlord and the new tenancy would be ok?

Mate, you don't need a tenancy agreement for T2 dependant visa. Don't bother yourself with that. Just make sure that you submit bank statement for maintenance requirement. It is more than enough.

hershey14

Post by hershey14 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Thanks cfdman....
I wouldn't bother with the tenancy then....I have everything else in place...
hoping for the best...

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:22 pm

cfdman wrote:No. A tenancy agreement is neither mandatory nor sought by UKBA for tier 2 dependants. All you need is

Hi,

I saw this thread so Id post as well. I recently got a Tier 2 Visa and would like to call my partner to the UK. She has been to the UK before under the Marriage visa and we got married here in the UK. In her previous application, we submitted all the evidence of the authenticity of the relationship so I was thinking of not giving any and just sending the marriage certificate and images with her application. I will also include this in the covering letter. Would this be okay?

Also, as you have mentioned in the thread that there is no requirements for accommodation, do you think I should at least mention in my covering letter that I have found a place and just waiting for her to get the visa so I can put a downpayment on the flat?

Thank you very much. Your response is very much appreciated.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:08 am

I saw this thread so Id post as well. I recently got a Tier 2 Visa and would like to call my partner to the UK. She has been to the UK before under the Marriage visa and we got married here in the UK. In her previous application, we submitted all the evidence of the authenticity of the relationship so I was thinking of not giving any and just sending the marriage certificate and images with her application. I will also include this in the covering letter. Would this be okay?
It should be enough.

Also, as you have mentioned in the thread that there is no requirements for accommodation, do you think I should at least mention in my covering letter that I have found a place and just waiting for her to get the visa so I can put a downpayment on the flat?
Yes. thats should be fine.

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:52 am

cfdman wrote:I saw this thread so Id post as well. I recently got a Tier 2 Visa and would like to call my partner to the UK. She has been to the UK before under the Marriage visa and we got married here in the UK. In her previous application, we submitted all the evidence of the authenticity of the relationship so I was thinking of not giving any and just sending the marriage certificate and images with her application. I will also include this in the covering letter. Would this be okay?
It should be enough.

Yes. thats should be fine.
Thank you