ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current leave Expired - Which Visa ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Current leave Expired - Which Visa ?

Post by rshelar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi all,

Can someone please advise me on-

What visa would a Tier 1 General Dependent holder apply to come to the UK if he is out of the UK and the current Tier 1 Dependent leave has expired and if the main visa holder has ILR.

The dependent does not qualify for ILR yet since hehas been cohabitating for less than 2 years.

As I understand this will not be spouse visa as the condition says that the main applicant should not have been a PBS holder before hes on ILR.

Can someone please advise ?

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:55 pm

Anyone please ?

I read on this link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... you-apply/

You cannot apply in a partner category if you:

are the spouse or partner of a person who is settled in the UK or has British citizenship if their most recent permission to stay was under tiers 1, 2, or 5 of the points-based system; and
you do not qualify for settlement yet.

Does that mean that one cannot apply for spouse visa if the main holder had a T1G before ?

Thanks

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:24 pm

rshelar wrote:Anyone please ?

I read on this link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... you-apply/

You cannot apply in a partner category if you:

are the spouse or partner of a person who is settled in the UK or has British citizenship if their most recent permission to stay was under tiers 1, 2, or 5 of the points-based system; and
you do not qualify for settlement yet.

Does that mean that one cannot apply for spouse visa if the main holder had a T1G before ?

Thanks
Tier1 G dependent.