ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Tier 1 Gen) applic timeln if it's not straigt frwd nPEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seba

ILR (Tier 1 Gen) applic timeln if it's not straigt frwd nPEO

Post by seba » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:52 am

Hi,
I am planning to apply my ILR shorlty through PEO. But, my case is not straight forward application due to the absenses out of UK terms. I have crossed nearly 280 days in one of the 12 months slot due to my health issues and surgery. So, I am applying to apply with my medical records and certificates through PEO. My questions are:

1) If I am applying through PEO and my case is not straight forward one due to Absenses out of UK, and HEO or SEO level decisions: Still will I be getting my application decision on the same day(Regardless of positive or negative)? if it is not one day decision, How long do I need to wait for the decision and my passport to be received though I applied through PEO?

2) I am planning to provide my surgery medical certificate which was happened 2.5 years ago from now.Is that OK if I provide the MedicalCertificate(MC) dated 2.5 years ago or do I need to give the MC as current dated one?

Please clarify me the questions since my PEO appointment is nearing very soon.

Thanks,

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: ILR (Tier 1 Gen) applic timeln if it's not straigt frwd

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:12 pm

seba wrote:Hi,
I am planning to apply my ILR shorlty through PEO. But, my case is not straight forward application due to the absenses out of UK terms. I have crossed nearly 280 days in one of the 12 months slot due to my health issues and surgery. So, I am applying to apply with my medical records and certificates through PEO. My questions are:

1) If I am applying through PEO and my case is not straight forward one due to Absenses out of UK, and HEO or SEO level decisions: Still will I be getting my application decision on the same day(Regardless of positive or negative)? if it is not one day decision, How long do I need to wait for the decision and my passport to be received though I applied through PEO?
They dont necessarily give you a decision on the same day. If they are satisfied with the evidence provided then may be yes otherwise they will defer the decision and the application is somewhat treated as a postal application.
I would recommend you make a postal application. Why are you applying through PEO considering your case has complications?

2) I am planning to provide my surgery medical certificate which was happened 2.5 years ago from now.Is that OK if I provide the MedicalCertificate(MC) dated 2.5 years ago or do I need to give the MC as current dated one?
Does not matter as long as it is relevant to your case.

Please clarify me the questions since my PEO appointment is nearing very soon.

Thanks,

seba

Post by seba » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks Shahid for your quick reply. I am planning for a PEO becos of the curiosity and I need to travel shorlty to back home for an important thing. So, trying through PEO to see if I get my approval on the same day.

I believe all the PEO offices will have SEO & HEO level case workers too. Right?

What do you mean by defer? In what circumstances they may put the application as defer and treat as postal app? Can you clarify me pls.

Thanks,

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:00 pm

seba wrote:Thanks Shahid for your quick reply. I am planning for a PEO becos of the curiosity and I need to travel shorlty to back home for an important thing. So, trying through PEO to see if I get my approval on the same day.
Your choice mate but i hope you know that if your still have leave to remain left when you apply (like in case of applying at PEO) then they dont give you the right to appeal. Its either approval or rejection. This is why it is adviceable to apply through post in complicated cases.

I believe all the PEO offices will have SEO & HEO level case workers too. Right?
No, Wrong. Not all PEOs have senior case workers. Which PEO are you going to?
Croydon for sure has senior case workers.

What do you mean by defer? In what circumstances they may put the application as defer and treat as postal app? Can you clarify me pls.
It means that they will tell you that the application needs a bit more consideration and so they cannot give you a decision and they will let you know when they have made a decision.
There is sticky post on the first page of the forum relating to deferred applications. I suggest you go through that to have a better idea of why applications get deferred - absences over the limit are one reason but i have also seen cases on the forum where such applications were approved.

Thanks,

seba

Post by seba » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:08 pm

I am applying through Solihull(Birmingham) PEO. Do they have SEO or HEO level officers?

Even if I span my absenses in 2 slots by considering me applying in end of this year ( Dec 2013). I might have less than 180 days in 2 year slots but nearly (160-170 days for continuous 2 years slot). Is it still straight forward application without any discreation if I apply in Dec 2013?

Thanks mate.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:35 pm

seba wrote:I am applying through Solihull(Birmingham) PEO. Do they have SEO or HEO level officers?

Even if I span my absenses in 2 slots by considering me applying in end of this year ( Dec 2013). I might have less than 180 days in 2 year slots but nearly (160-170 days for continuous 2 years slot). Is it still straight forward application without any discreation if I apply in Dec 2013?

Thanks mate.
Yes. Now with the changed rules case workers can decide themselves rather than wait to see approval from seo or grade 7 officer as was the case in the past.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

seba

Post by seba » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:01 am

Thanks uksettlement..!

Even if I span my absenses in 2 slots by considering me applying in end of this year ( Dec 2013). I might have less than 180 days in 2 year slots but nearly (160-170 days for continuous 2 years slots). Is it still straight forward application without any discreation if I apply in Dec 2013?

But, if I apply now in Apr 2013. I have one continuos 270 days break in my past 5 years slots. Other than that everything is very straight forward for me. What do you suggest? I am planning for a PEO in solihull..

So confused and thinking a lot....!!

Thanks,

seba

My ILR break period and application status

Post by seba » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Hello Experts,
I need some suggestions and guidence on my ILR application Which I am planning to apply in PEO next month. Here is my detailed break sheet. Pls have a look and guide me for any possibilities according to the new rules in place.

Year 1 No of days out of UK: 17 (Tier 1 G)
Year 2 No of days out of UK: 0 (Tier 1 G)
Year 3 No of days out of UK: 71 (Tier 1 G)
Year 4 No of days out of UK: 271 (Tier 1 G) - changed to Tier 1 in Apr 2009.My break started only after that. I have the Doctors medical certificate and records for the surgey I had during this time and for my mom's surgery.
Year 5 No of days out of UK: 17 (WP)

Can anyone suggest me if my application will go fine on PEO with evidences submitted or will it go for defered status or rejections..?What would be the most probable result..?

Other than this break in Year 4, I have not got any issues in any points or any other parts of the application.

Kindly clarify me..

Thanks,