ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation where to post further documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ricky129
Newly Registered

Naturalisation where to post further documents

Post by ricky129 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:52 pm

hi, I have sent a joint citizenship application with my wife but I forgot to add our marriage certificate to the application. Can anyone advice where to send this document. I have heard from ukba that they've received the application but just want to know if its relevant to send this as this is only required for us to qualify for the joint application fee.
Regards Ricky.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation where to post further documents

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:53 am

ricky129 wrote:hi, I have sent a joint citizenship application with my wife but I forgot to add our marriage certificate to the application. Can anyone advice where to send this document. I have heard from ukba that they've received the application but just want to know if its relevant to send this as this is only required for us to qualify for the joint application fee.
Regards Ricky.
This is why people should use the NCS. If you used the marriage certificate when you applied for Ilr then they should already have a copy. To be on the safe side send it to Liverpool http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ndtheform/ via recorded delivery with a note with your details on.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:25 am

If you already heard back from the HO as you said, this normally means the (joint) fee has already been taken. I would not bother sending the certificate (unless you have several certified copies of it) as it might get lost and not added to your application. If the CW would have doubts, they will write to you.

ricky129
Newly Registered

Marriage cert for joint applications

Post by ricky129 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:20 am

Thanks guys for the replies. Yes, we have always submitted our marriage certificate from work permit through to ilr applications, so in theory they should have a copy. I will probably wait to hear from the case worker to see if she/he would request a copy. Is it worth calling to find out?
Regards
Ricky