ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on Passport Application Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alok_singh

Help on Passport Application Form

Post by alok_singh » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:24 pm

I am applying for my daughter first Passport. She is under 5 and got her Citizenship certificate recently.

Both parents are on ILR status when sending her passport application using Check and Send service, Post office person told me that I have to send my passport along with BRP card all original, also child Birth Certificate.

I have to travel in 4 weeks form now is their any way I can send the child passport application without sending my original passport and BRP Card

All the above document were provided in MN1 form when applying for Citizenship.

Any help here ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:50 pm

If your wife is not traveling with you, why don't you send her passport and BRP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alok_singh

Post by alok_singh » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:53 pm

CR001 wrote:If your wife is not traveling with you, why don't you send her passport and BRP.
I am waiting for her passport in Post . I had done my ILR in person and did hers in post , applied the kids naturalization via NCS which came though last week.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Apply using fast track and pay the extra cost and it takes about a week

Below from IPS website :

It takes at least 3 weeks to get your child’s first passport - use a different service if you need the passport more urgently. Don’t book travel until you have a valid passport.

Fast Track
First child passport £87
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Help on Passport Application Form

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:43 pm

alok_singh wrote:I am applying for my daughter first Passport. She is under 5 and got her Citizenship certificate recently.

Both parents are on ILR status when sending her passport application using Check and Send service, Post office person told me that I have to send my passport along with BRP card all original, also child Birth Certificate.

I have to travel in 4 weeks form now is their any way I can send the child passport application without sending my original passport and BRP Card

All the above document were provided in MN1 form when applying for Citizenship.

Any help here ?
Post office staff was wrong.

Your child is British. Her status doesn't depend on you anymore.

Just send her registration certificate, birth certificate and foreign passport (if she has one).