ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa for disabled and widow mother

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahulbsp
Newly Registered

Dependent visa for disabled and widow mother

Post by rahulbsp » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi,
I would like to know what I should be doing in this circumstance. I have to apply dependent visa for my mother (in india) who is disabled (lost one leg in accident) and also widow (father passed away last year).
I have a brother who has a casual attitude in life and is not serious he is 25 but doesn’t earn and is dependent on me, so he cannot take care of my mom.
If I apply for dependent visa for my mom will it be successful? Will it be considered as special case and can visa be granted?
Any idea if any good immigration lawyer can help in these kind of case?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:35 pm

What is your nationality?

You mother might be able to qualify as an Adult Dependant Relative, given the circumstance, but her condition will need to be properly documented, and may also need to show that you brother is not in the position of being able to take care of your mum.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors