ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My case is been held In CPO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spellish
BANNED

My case is been held In CPO

Post by spellish » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi
Last edited by spellish on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yash001

Post by Yash001 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:10 pm

Are you operating as self-employed or through your limited company as director?

Even I was asked to submit additional documents like you.

I can share my experience with you depending on your nature of work. I know one person who is working as self-employed and even he was asked to submit more or less same set of documents as yours.

Regards,
Yash

spellish
BANNED

thx

Post by spellish » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:39 pm

i operate as director of limited company

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:20 pm

It's a check to stop people from just moving money through a company in order to show a minimum level of income. Just answer all the questions truthfully and if you are operating legitimately, then there should be no issues.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

spellish
BANNED

H

Post by spellish » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:23 am

Hii
Last edited by spellish on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:37 am

did you invoice the end client directly or went via recruitment agency?

chary
Newly Registered

Post by chary » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am

Let me know your visa history... Which will make us understand the need for producing additional documents, and that will help you to produce documents properly. I see from your posts that, you were in tier 4.

spellish
BANNED

Post by spellish » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:54 pm

thx for ur reply @ chary

no i m not on tier 4, i am on tier 1 and i went for tier 1 extension.

spellish
BANNED

Post by spellish » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:07 pm

@ bubin , yess i invoice to directly end to clients , not via agency

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:33 pm

You don't have to "make" these documents - just submit what you have and make sure you don't make up anything.

Surely you have some agreements in writing with your clients about the service they can expect from you and how much they could be expected to charge. That's for point number 1. In fact, any emails or any sort of correspondence with regards to agreements, provide that.

Point 2 is just a letter from the clients saying that they have received services from you and what it is and when. "We hereby confirm that XYZ Ltd supplied us with goodymajiggies throughout February and March and we paid them in accordance to this."

Point 3 - well, I don't know what you do, but if you are a builder, photos of the building would be good, if you're a developer, then take screenshots of the code you did or the finished product, if you're a photographer, some sample photos, if you're a tester, some example test scripts that you signed off.

Point 4,5,6 - just explain to them what it is that you do, how you came to doing this and if you have any qualifications in doing that and what you would usually charge. I am a business consultant who have been doing this for 10 years and decided to go freelance in 2010. I don't have any formal qualifications in this, but my years of experience always means that I have happy customers. Depending on the customer and the size of the project, I charge between £400 and £600 per day.

Point 7 - not sure what it is that you invoiced anyone for, but simply submit anything you referenced in there. Sounds like you drew up some plans and reports - so just submit those.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

spellish
BANNED

Post by spellish » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:52 pm

Hoooo
Last edited by spellish on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:05 pm

This is indeed bullying from the case worker... all these information has no relation with Visa approval.. if they suspect fraud or mis-representation, they are supposed to investigate and find out the truth..
This is absolutely against the law of land... asking the applicant to prove everything is genuine, instead verify themselves if it is not...
This also goes against the case worker manual as well...

spellish
BANNED

Post by spellish » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:30 pm

yeah thats trus @ bubin

but what can we do ?? we r dependent on them , have to prove infact you are right balance of probabilities should be on case worker , he need to verify all thoes things either the information which i provide them its true or not.....

anyway

is anybody help me out to My Point no 7..

Thanks

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:24 am

For point 7, you may submit any business plan or business report created /shared with your end client.
However, please consider about the non disclosure agreement with your client, if you have any...

rdamsel

Post by rdamsel » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:49 am

Point 7 is the project plan you must have already done before executing a project. So send those to caseworker.

Note:

Don't try to make up any documents now, just send the genuine.

A person I know went for PEO in December, caseworker asked lot of documents you have listed and also tax returns of previous year. He submitted the documents and UKBA sent him a letter of consent to carry out further investigation by UKBA investigation team, he agreed on that and UKBA officers visited his clients and also his work place.

Seems like UKBA alarms are triggered and they scrutinizing applications in depth.

My suggestion would be seek professional advice and keep everything genuine. You dont want to be part of the deportation flight.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:55 am

bubin123 wrote:This is indeed bullying from the case worker... all these information has no relation with Visa approval.. if they suspect fraud or mis-representation, they are supposed to investigate and find out the truth..
This is absolutely against the law of land... asking the applicant to prove everything is genuine, instead verify themselves if it is not...
I wholeheartedly disagree with this.

This is not bullying, this is simply wanting more information regarding the visa application. The only real variable is earnings and people have gone to extreme lengths to try and get a visa application approved. It's all too easy to commit fraud when dealing with a limited company and its completely rational for a caseworker to want more information. (This is indeed not even different to a caseworker phoning to verify your salary with your employer!!). [And apologies to the OP, I don't think myself nor your caseworker is insinuating fraud here!!!]

What would you rather have - caseworkers simply rejecting applications they need more information for or for the rules to change to stop accepting income from self-employed activities?

These guys are just doing their jobs and to call it bullying when someone asks for additional information is simply preposterous.

The only people who would truly believe that this is bullying, are the ones who will be caught out doing something underhanded when they are scrutinised.

akan
BANNED

Post by akan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:02 am

mulderpf wrote:
bubin123 wrote:This is indeed bullying from the case worker... all these information has no relation with Visa approval.. if they suspect fraud or mis-representation, they are supposed to investigate and find out the truth..
I wholeheartedly disagree with this.

This is not bullying, this is simply wanting more information regarding the visa application. The only real variable is earnings and people have gone to extreme lengths to try and get a visa application approved. It's all too easy to commit fraud when dealing with a limited company and its completely rational for a caseworker to want more information. (This is indeed not even different to a caseworker phoning to verify your salary with your employer!!). [And apologies to the OP, I don't think myself nor your caseworker is insinuating fraud here!!!]

What would you rather have - caseworkers simply rejecting applications they need more information for or for the rules to change to stop accepting income from self-employed activities?

These guys are just doing their jobs and to call it bullying when someone asks for additional information is simply preposterous.

The only people who would truly believe that this is bullying, are the ones who will be caught out doing something underhanded when they are scrutinised.
Totally agree with mulderpf.

Case workers are being paid to do their job honestly and properly so its their right to ask further documents for checks. Genuine applicants must have no fear at all and trust me case workers can tell just from a glimpse of your documents what you are upto.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:13 am

Case workers are being paid to do their job honestly and properly so its their right to ask further documents for checks.
True, but they can only ask what they need to know as per guidance/rules and not what they think they should know.

rdamsel

Post by rdamsel » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:20 am

tahirnaveed wrote:
Case workers are being paid to do their job honestly and properly so its their right to ask further documents for checks.
True, but they can only ask what they need to know as per guidance/rules and not what they think they should know.
Don't confuse the extension guidance notes with immigration guidance rules.

Please read page 33 of the extension form carefully.

spellish
BANNED

Post by spellish » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Helo
Last edited by spellish on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rdamsel

Post by rdamsel » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:52 pm

spellish wrote:is anybody have plan and reports ?????

really worried about all the doc
In my earlier post I have explained that these plans and reports done before and after execution of project which i believe you haven't done?

If you haven't done any planning how did you manage to execute a project?

Seems like you are trying to makeup the documents now. This forum is to help positively not to help creating fake documents. Sorry i am being blunt but that's truth.

Yash001

Post by Yash001 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:13 pm

mulderpf has advised you quite rightly...just read his comments carefully and prepare the documents accordingly...if you are still not clear on any of his points...then we can look into that specific point...when do you submit the documents?

I just want to share my experience with all of you here as I have just now gone through the same process very recently when I was asked to submit additional documents...I don't think Caseworker is trying to create a problem for anybody but just want to ascertain the income made by person is geniune as we are employee of our own company and our company does not have a long history to support that we are running company according to the law and have earned money lawfully...

I applied for Tier-1 Visa on 14th Feb in person in Croydon PEO as director of my company(50% shares in my name and 50% in my wife name) and I provide IT consultancy services to the companies/banks.I submitted following documents as part of my application

1. Accountant Letter with summary of Salary and Dividend
2. Salary Slips
3. Dividend Vouchers
4. Personal Bank Statements
5. Degree Certificate in Commerce (Used the same for initial application)

After waiting for almost 3 hrs...Caseworker handed over me a letter stating to submit following additional documents

1.Profit and Loss for the period Claimed
2.Company Tax Return
3.Invoice Summary for the perioed claimed
4.Business Bank Statements for the period claimed
5.Documents to demonstrate experience in IT Consultancy/Background

My accountant helped to arrange documents for Point 1 to 4. With regard to 5 point, I submitted following documents

1. Letters from Agencies whom I provide services and In the letter they mentioned what services I provided like IT services and at what rate
2. Provided Contract Documents which signed with the agencies
3.I was working as permanent employee for close to 8 years. I provided Experience Letters from those companies
4. Certificates (Prince2,SCJP)

Today I got a call from UKBA that my application has been approved.

ascotch
Newly Registered

Post by ascotch » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:50 am

I went for PEO on 7th January 2013 , after waiting for 5 hours case worker given me a letter and requested for more documents. I am employed and self employed running my own IT consultancy.

Documents requested:

Tax Returns of Previous Year
Detailed Project Strategy
Confirmation from Company directors for the services i given them
Agreements

I have submitted all and last week i got refusal letter from UKBA stating that they are not satisfied with the documents submitted as an evidence. I have right of appeal.

I am totally gutted with their decision and now have to spend money on lawyers to proof that i am not guilty.

Guys make sure what you submit to UKBA should make sense to them.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:12 am

@ascotch - What was the exact refusal statement provided by UKBA?

ascotch
Newly Registered

Post by ascotch » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:26 am

bubin123 wrote:@ascotch - What was the exact refusal statement provided by UKBA?
I dont have the letter in hand the wording was something like this:

We have attempted to verify the documents supplied with your
application, using standard procedures. The supporting evidence supplied with your application in relation was found to be not genuine and unsatisfactory.
We therefore cannot be satisfied that the evidence supplied meets the
Tier 1 General requirements, and consequently your application has been refused.