ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NIC for employment catogery ( Tier-1)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dev001
India

NIC for employment catogery ( Tier-1)

Post by Dev001 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi, I am planning to apply ILR in next month and i am working on tier-1 visa from the past 5 years. Last year I have joined new company. My current employer has not deducted the NI for the first three months.

First three month - Only tax has been deducted ( NI has not been deducted).
9 month - Tax and NIC has been deducted.

It would be really great help if any one please let me know, should i go for ILR with this pay slip.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:52 pm

the reason the new employer might not have deducted the NI is that your previous employer might have charged you more in the full and final settlement.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you want you can call up HMRC and talk to them or maybe talk to your company's payroll dept.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:02 pm

unlike income tax, NI contribution calculations are bit complicated and not always easy to interpret from the payslips. perhaps in the 9 months the NI deductions covered any underpayment from the previous 3 months.
I would always contact my company payroll department first and ask for a clarification.

Dev001
India

Post by Dev001 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks for quick response.
I have spoken with my employer and they are saying we have given you rebate for 3 months.

Is there any issue applying ILR with this situation ? Please advice..

Dev001
India

Post by Dev001 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:46 pm

Please advice..Guru or any senior