ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport return request on compassionate ground for set(o)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

only-one-king

passport return request on compassionate ground for set(o)

Post by only-one-king » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi all
we applied for ILR under SET(O) via postal application 25th feb 2013 and now my brother is law is serious health problem in fact on ventilator.
will any seiour guide me what to do. if i ask for our passports backthen what will be the outcomes like
1- will our application will be still valid. ?my wife is main applicant and me as husband and our daughter are dependents.
2- can we go to india. if we go to india then can we come back or do we need to wait there for decision.
3. while in india if ILR applicartion will be successful then.. or if rejected ,will we get the same appeal right while in india.
any other pros/cons plzz guide .. any reply will be greatly appreciated ....
Regards--

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:10 am

To go to India you will have to withdraw your application which means your fee will not be refunded an you will have to apply for ILR again. As far as returning to UK is concerned, it depends on your leave. When does your current visa expires?

only-one-king

Post by only-one-king » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Our visa is valid til tommorow I.e 14th march 2013 sadly my brother in law passed away this morning. Any further advice will me welcomed

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:54 pm

very sad to hear about this. unfortunately in that case (i think) you will not be able to come back. better not to ask for the passport back until the decision is made

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Sorry about your brother-in-law's poor health. I wish him speedy recovery.
Gagan1986 is right.you will end up forfeiting your application fee.
Since your present leave to remain expires tomorrow it will not be advisable to withdraw your application. What I can suggest is to get a confirmation of your brother's ill-health from his doctor(if possible).
With this in hand,go to/contact your local MP to write home office a letter asking them to expedite action on your application. It should work.
Again,it depends on when you plan to travel