ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) form enquiry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR11

SET(O) form enquiry

Post by ILR11 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:07 am

Dear Seniors,

(First of all, I'm sorry but I don't know how to link this with my previous postings. Because my original posting is an old one, I guess it is not easy to be found...hence, I had to put a new one here...apologies but still need your help greatly! :-)

Now I am completing SET(O) application form. Your kindess to guide would be much appreciated as always. So, here they are~

1) Q2 (page 4) - Contact name in the UK if different from that of the applicant : Is this asking for my name?

2) Category (page 9) - Section A or Section B :
I started as HSMP for initial 2 years and then HSMP Tier 1 for another 3 years. In my case, am I Section A or Section B?

3) Question 6.1, Section 6 (page 13) - Date first entered the UK (which this application is based)? : I first entered the UK with Working Holiday on Jan 2008. Then I received full HSMP in April 2008. Do I put Jan 2008 or Apr 2008?

4) Question 7.11, Section 7 (page 17) - How long have you lived in the UK? : This will relate to the above question. If I count from the very first day I entered the UK, it will be slightly more than 5 years. However, if I count from the date I was fully granted HSMP, it will be less then 5 years. Please kindly advise.

5) Points : This is how I calculated. Can someone kindly check if I have done it correctly, please?
a) Income : 40 points (£35,000 - £39,999 : as of before 6 April 2010)
b) Qualification : 30 points (Bachelor's degree as of 6 April 2010)
c) Age : 20 points (under 28 when I was granted my first HSMP 5 years ago)
d) UK experience : 5 points (always has been working in the UK for last 5 years)

It brings the total points to 95 points. Have I done it correctly?

6) Point calculator : Is it something I need to print from somewhere?

This should help me completing the application form. Your kind advises and sharing knowledges and experiences would always be much appreciated deeply

Looking forward to hear from you!

Best regards,

ILR11

uksettlement
India

Re: SET(O) form enquiry

Post by uksettlement » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:05 am

ILR11 wrote:Dear Seniors,

(First of all, I'm sorry but I don't know how to link this with my previous postings. Because my original posting is an old one, I guess it is not easy to be found...hence, I had to put a new one here...apologies but still need your help greatly! :-)

Now I am completing SET(O) application form. Your kindess to guide would be much appreciated as always. So, here they are~

1) Q2 (page 4) - Contact name in the UK if different from that of the applicant : Is this asking for my name?
Yes....leave it blank

2) Category (page 9) - Section A or Section B :
I started as HSMP for initial 2 years and then HSMP Tier 1 for another 3 years. In my case, am I Section A or Section B?
Section A

3) Question 6.1, Section 6 (page 13) - Date first entered the UK (which this application is based)? : I first entered the UK with Working Holiday on Jan 2008. Then I received full HSMP in April 2008. Do I put Jan 2008 or Apr 2008?
Apr08

4) Question 7.11, Section 7 (page 17) - How long have you lived in the UK? : This will relate to the above question. If I count from the very first day I entered the UK, it will be slightly more than 5 years. However, if I count from the date I was fully granted HSMP, it will be less then 5 years. Please kindly advise.
Apr 08. Hence 4 yrs and 11 months?

5) Points : This is how I calculated. Can someone kindly check if I have done it correctly, please?
a) Income : 40 points (£35,000 - £39,999 : as of before 6 April 2010)
b) Qualification : 30 points (Bachelor's degree as of 6 April 2010)
c) Age : 20 points (under 28 when I was granted my first HSMP 5 years ago)
d) UK experience : 5 points (always has been working in the UK for last 5 years)

All good

It brings the total points to 95 points. Have I done it correctly?

6) Point calculator : Is it something I need to print from somewhere?
No

This should help me completing the application form. Your kind advises and sharing knowledges and experiences would always be much appreciated deeply

Looking forward to hear from you!

Best regards,

ILR11
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

ILR11

Post by ILR11 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi Seniors and helpers,

Thank you very much for your helps so far. I was lucky enough to be able to secure the Croydon office before 6th of April, for myself and my wife - thank God! And now we cannot wait to get the ILR and the new visas!

Just final a few last minute questions:
1) Documents - I am taking the followings
a) Cover letter
b) Completed application form - SET (O)
c) Two photographs with my name at the back of each photo
d) Life in the UK test result
e) 12 months payslips
f) 12 months bank statements
g) My current and previous passport

Just regarding Biometric residency card, I never had one since my visa was always a stamp on my passport. I am applying for ILR through PEO service. Do I need to arrange something in addition or having an appointment for ILR interview will cover everything?

Also please kindly advise if there is anything I should take in addition.

2) Documents - my wife is taking the followings
a) Cover letter
b) Completed application form - PBS dependent
c) Two photographs with her name at the back of each photo
d) Joint bank statement showing £600+ for last three months
e) Current and two previous passports

* For my wife's PBS dependent application form, we have a few enquiries :
a) C4, page 8 : I (the main applicant, SET (O)) do not have the reference number because I no longer have letter from the UKBA. Can I leave it blank or should I at least put the the number on my visa stamp on my passport?
b) G1, page 14 : My wife's passport is South Korean passport, which she renewed in London. Should she say the 'place of issue' is London or Seoul?

Also for my wife's application, please kindly advise if there is anything that we need to take.

Many thanks in advance everyone!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Hello! Mate!

Your application the following are missing
1. Employer's letter
2.Absence from UK details
3.HSMP Reference Letters
4. Any P60s.
5.Since Never had a BRP=No issues

Your wife's application
1.Life IN UK Test resul2. Leave Blank the UKBA reference if not available
3.Passport was originally issued in South Korea-

Hope this helps.

ILR11

Post by ILR11 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:47 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Hello! Mate!

Your application the following are missing
1. Employer's letter
2.Absence from UK details
3.HSMP Reference Letters
4. Any P60s.
5.Since Never had a BRP=No issues

Your wife's application
1.Life IN UK Test resul2. Leave Blank the UKBA reference if not available
3.Passport was originally issued in South Korea-

Hope this helps.
Dear Kevin 24,
Thank you very much for your quick response.

1) Employer's letter : I indeed have employers letter confirming that I have been working for last 5 years for the same company I am working for at the moment. This letter does not specify how much my salary is. Although I can get another letter which confirms my base salary, my last 12 month income has been increased a lot by incentive and the letter will never say that (it's a standard letter). Do you think I should still add that?

2) Absence from the UK details : I have this as part of the application form

3) HSMP reference letters : just found all the approval letters from HSMP! (a bit dusty but managed to find it :)

4) P60s : Hmm...nope. I don't have anything. Would payslip and bank statement be enough, I hope?

* And regarding my wife,
1) Would she need the Life in the UK test result? She was exempt from it last time when she first got the dependent visa a little more than a year ago. She has been in the UK around 9 years and did Master course.

Many thanks for your next response in advance!

ILR11

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:07 am

ILR11 wrote:
Dear Kevin 24,
Thank you very much for your quick response.

1) Employer's letter : I indeed have employers letter confirming that I have been working for last 5 years for the same company I am working for at the moment. This letter does not specify how much my salary is. Although I can get another letter which confirms my base salary, my last 12 month income has been increased a lot by incentive and the letter will never say that (it's a standard letter). Do you think I should still add that?
Best would be a letter confirming your Gross and Net pay for 12 months you're claiming with dates of each payment. (check sticky for the template letter). Although it's not necessary if you're providing 12 months payslip.

2) Absence from the UK details : I have this as part of the application form
̶I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶e̶m̶p̶l̶o̶y̶e̶d̶ ̶d̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶s̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶U̶K̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶e̶m̶p̶l̶o̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶r̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶a̶b̶s̶e̶n̶c̶e̶.̶. Not necessary for applications before 6th of April 2013

3) HSMP reference letters : just found all the approval letters from HSMP! (a bit dusty but managed to find it :)
Good!

4) P60s : Hmm...nope. I don't have anything. Would payslip and bank statement be enough, I hope?
For Tier 1 holders, P60s are not requirement but would help strengthen your case.

* And regarding my wife,
1) Would she need the Life in the UK test result? She was exempt from it last time when she first got the dependent visa a little more than a year ago. She has been in the UK around 9 years and did Master course.
She would need Life in the UK certificate unless exempt due to age or disability.

Many thanks for your next response in advance!

ILR11
Goodluck.

bkarthikisc

Post by bkarthikisc » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:54 pm

Are you sure your wife needs a PBS dependent form...i thought the SET(O) form was more than sufficient to cover the dependant...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ependants/ states :

Applications for settlement by Tier 1 (General) migrants must be made using application form SET(O). You can use one form for a joint application by you, your partner and any children aged under 18, if they are applying as your dependants. Children over 18 must apply separately using form SET(O).

ILR11

Post by ILR11 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi all,

Thank you very much for all your suopport, sharing knowledge and exoeriences. I god the ILR for me and the right visa fir my wife!

It did really help me preparing everything but i am glad i got 'em.

Thabj you and bless all of ya~!

ILR11