ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to sponser my wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mov
Newly Registered

How to sponser my wife

Post by mov » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:19 pm

I'm seeking some help regarding sponsering my wife from my home country.

Here's story of my life. I first entered in UK in early 2005, soon I got married with a british lady and by 2009 I was awarded british citizenship. Then I got divorce by late 2011 and recently I married with another lady from my home country. I want to bring my wife here and to live together in england. But according to new rules Jul 2012 I think I can't sponser my wife as I obtained my british citizenship through my first wife who was a british citizen.

I'm really worried and don't know how do I sponser my wife. Would you please help me and advice me how can I make it happen. I don't have any children yet.

I'm looking forward to all replies. Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:06 pm

There are no such requirements. Provided you meet the Requirements of the Rules, then you should be able to sponsor your partner.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mov
Newly Registered

Post by mov » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi Obie,

Thanks for your reply.

Other day I looked into FLR(M) form and they mentioned if you obtained british nationality on base of your british national partner and then you get divorced and married to a person outside EU then you can't sponser your non-EU partner to come and live with you in UK.

I obtained british nationality on basis of marriage to a british national so i'm bit confuse if i can sponser my new wife or not? I assume she will apply for Spouse visa so she will use FLR(M) form. Is that correct?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:34 pm

I've just re-scanned the FLR(M) form for this and can find no reference - can you please provide the page you are referring to?

Besides which ... the form you need isn't FLR(M) - it's VAF4A.

M.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:05 am

mov wrote:Hi Obie,

Thanks for your reply.

Other day I looked into FLR(M) form and they mentioned if you obtained british nationality on base of your british national partner and then you get divorced and married to a person outside EU then you can't sponser your non-EU partner to come and live with you in UK.

I obtained british nationality on basis of marriage to a british national so i'm bit confuse if i can sponser my new wife or not? I assume she will apply for Spouse visa so she will use FLR(M) form. Is that correct?
That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard about immigration rules ever. Do you have a reference?

mov
Newly Registered

Post by mov » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi,

I didn't know that i will use VAF4A form. Thanks for letting me know that.

Yes I read that in SET(M) form. If you open SET(M) form -> right at the start of page number 7.

They've asked the below questions

If your partner was not British from birth, when did they obtain settlement in the UK?

On what basis did your partner obtain settlement in the UK?

Has your partner previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person?

Your partner’s Home Office reference (if they have one)

I read this in new rules came to force during Jully 2012. They clearly mentioned if you've obtained british nationality through your x-british partner then you can't sponser your new partner.

That's why I'm worried and don't know what to do.

Any idea ?

Thanks

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:25 pm

Sorry - but just because the ask the questions doesn't mean there's any kind of restriction - they just want to understand how your partner came to be settled.

The immigration rules are located here: http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyand ... rationlaw/

I've read through the spouse migration rules quite a bit since July ... and I've never seen that rule. But then I could still be wrong.

If you can find the rules you are referring to - I suspect we might all learn something.

But I don't, personally, believe such a restriction exists.

mov
Newly Registered

Post by mov » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:10 pm

I can't find that now. As I only read it in July since then I haven't read it again. And now I only found it on SET(M) application form at page number 7.

I may have perceived it wrongly. Thanks to clear this point.

Probably I should go ahead with believing what's in VAF4A to sponsor my new wife. Now it seems a lot easier and even they didn't ask for divorce certificate in VAF4A form.

This forum is really very helpful to get advise on immigrations.

I will keep posting here about my wife case. Thank you very much.