ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa for Family

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AmitDhaniyaa
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa for Family

Post by AmitDhaniyaa » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:19 pm

Hello everyone,
I am a settled person in UK and I wish to bring my wife and daughter to the UK.

As per my understanding, My Wife needs to submit visa VAF4A and in that only we have mentioned that our daughter will also be traveling to UK, My question is Do I need to submit a separate application for my daughter, If yes, Which vis form ?

Also, My wife is a post graduate and she has completed Graduation (Degree) in English, We have got a letter of that too. Will that be enough for English language requirement ?

Thanks

AmitDhaniyaa
Newly Registered

Post by AmitDhaniyaa » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:23 am

Please let me know If I need any separate visa form for my daughter ?
It is not at all clear anywhere .

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:29 am

Yes, assuming your daughter was not born in the UK, she does need to make a separate application. It's the same type of application. The application form is likely to a on-line submission, otherwise it is the VAF4A

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ying-visa/

NikitaM
Newly Registered

Post by NikitaM » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:15 am

and what if the child was born in UK but in India currently, then how to apply for the child ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:43 am

Well, in that case you have the option to register the child as British and apply for a passport. This will avoid the need for a settlement visa and take the child out of the financial maintenance calculation.

It may be no quicker than applying for a settlement visa but it could be much longer.

NikitaM
Newly Registered

Post by NikitaM » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:04 pm

Thanks Lucapooka,
Actually I wanted that child should come to UK ASAP and then we can register the child as British and apply for a passport within UK, so I assume We need one more VAF4 form for child as well ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:09 pm

I think that would be quicker for you.