ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony at Hounslow Register Office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Daphne_ZA
Newly Registered

Citizenship ceremony at Hounslow Register Office

Post by Daphne_ZA » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:57 am

Hi,

I have received my approved applicaion for naturalisation. The letter says to contact Hounslow Register Office to book an appointment. I have phoned, and left my details on a message (they have recorded voice prompting for your details).

I notice that some threads mention they received their ceremony date a few days after their approval (one even arrived on the same day). I know the system varies from council to council. My question is: For those who booked through Hounslow Register Office, what was your experiance? Did they phone to book an appointment, or did they automatically allocate you a date, and just send a letter with the appointment details?

Our post seems to be delayed lately. It took 8 working days for our approval to arrive. So excited for the ceremony, I just want to book it already!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 pm

You appear to have received the combined letter of approval and invitation. The responsibility is with you to contact the council and make an appointment for the ceremony and I am sure they will call you back but I would suggest you keep trying and if that doesn't work, go to their offices.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Daphne_ZA
Newly Registered

Post by Daphne_ZA » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:19 pm

An update:

I received a voicemail this morning at 9am. This lady from Hounslow Register Office said that she would try phone my alternative number, and if she does not reach me on that, I have to phone and leave my details again, and once again wait for a call back.

I did think I could be clever, and phone again, and try a different set of options. I spoke to a lady there, and she said she could not help me, and could not transfer me. I had to leave another message and wait.

So, some sdvice for those booking through Hounslow. After you have left your details, keep your phone charged, and with you at all times. If you miss the call, you have to start the process again. They will not leave a number to return the call, and you cannot speak to anyone else.

I also asked the lady how long I could expect to wait for a call back, and she said it was impossible to say as there were about 20 people ahead of me in the que now. :(

Patience is clearly not a virtue I possess...

Update:
Ceremony is now booked for 1 May 2013 (group ceremony). That is 7 weeks away. It took Home Office quicker to decide my Naturalistion application! If anyone wants to know, the Private Ceremony option at Houslow costs £200.