ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependant (General) issue

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AartiG
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependant (General) issue

Post by AartiG » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:32 am

Hello Experts,

My fiance is in UK on Tier 2 (General) since last 2yrs, I am in Delhi and we are getting married on 2nd May 2013. I need to apply for Tier 2 dependent (General) visa. Once I am there in UK I plan to study (post grads or some courses for Doctor) and work later. So now I have to start collecting all required documents in advance, so that once we get marriage certificate we can submit/apply for my Tier 2 dependent (General). I have read few threads here but im not 100% sure about what things apply in my scenario (as above) so please help me with below point.

0> Since at start I plan to study in UK, I will have to give IELTS,right?
Can I give TOFEL instead of IELTS? Is there any min score requirement for TOFEL in my case?

1> Looking at funds requirement for Dependents of Tier 2 applicants, it seems we have to make sure that my fiance's saving account should have atleast £600? Correct? or is it £600 + £900 ? And is this fund requirement for my fiance's saving bank account or mine?
Do I have to also keep this much fund in my account?

2> Exactly what docs are required from my fiance and my side?
Appreciate if you can give me detail list here. This is very imp for us.

3> If we get marriage cert on 3rd May 2013 and if we have all docs ready without any issue, what is timeline for approval?

4> When I will have to submit my Indian Passport in this process?
Is there any stamp or booklet or something on passport as proof of Tier 2 dependent (General)?

5> Do I have to go through any interview process since I plan to study?
Who, when and where this interview is conducted? How long it runs? As an example what do they ask etc? How do we know its done successfully?

Looking forward to hearing from you folks.
Really appreciate your help and affords you all are putting in this forum.

Thanks,
Gupta and family

hershey14

Post by hershey14 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:59 am

0> I am not sure about the IELTS or Toefl.... I suggest you contact some UK education consultant agency such as IPC or Studyabroad and check with them about the requirements for admission... It may also depend on the university which you are planning to apply to....
1> Since your husband is been there for over an year you will need to only show 600 pounds in any account for a continuous period of 90 days immediately prior to application...
2> List of Docs
* TB certificate
* Maintenance funds
* Relationship evidence
* Marriage certificate & photos
* Pay slips ( I am a little confused about this one but I think you have to show 6 months payslip, I submitted for the whole yr)
*Tenancy agreement (Not required but everybody here ususally lists this as a doc to submit)

I think thats pretty much it...
3> Yes you can apply on 3rd or 4th... It takes about 8 to 15 working days for the application to be processed
4>You will submit your passport and they will stamp the visa
5> No interview as you r applying for tier 2 dependent. Dependents are allowed to work and study.

Hope this helps... Good luck

hershey14

Post by hershey14 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:01 am

oh sorry in list of docs
* copy of your husbands tier 2 visa
and also all documents be within 30 days of the application... anything older will not be considered from my understanding

AartiG
Newly Registered

Post by AartiG » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:51 am

Thanks a lot hershey14. Really helpful.

1> Re IELTS or TOFEL : I will try to reach someone as you mentioned. If someone else from this forum can confirm it will be great. I am sure few other users would have gone through this situation till now.

2> Re Fund "Since your husband is been there for over an year you will need to only show 600 pounds in any account for a continuous period of 90 days immediately prior to application... "

---> Is this fund requirement for my fiance's saving bank account or mine?

3> Re Interview :
"No interview as you r applying for tier 2 dependent. Dependents are allowed to work and study. "

---> Thanks but this confused me a bit :( somewhere I read that I will still have to go for interview process since I plan to study (at start). Can you or someone else please double confirm this thing about interview?

4> Re "List of Docs "
(a) TB certificate :
--> Looking at the FAQ doc : http://ukinindia.fco.gov.uk/resources/e ... -Screening
It does not say anything about dependent visa applicants.
If its a MUST and since The TB certificate is usually valid for six months.
I can take this test now in few days/week. Can someone please confirm if its required at all.

(b) Relationship evidence :
--> Somewhere in this forum I came across these items :
* Original Marriage Certificate
* 2 Wedding Photographs
* Receipt from Marriage Hall where Marriage ceremony held
Is there anything else required for "Relationship evidence" ?

(c) Do we need to also submit anything for "Evidences to prove that the Relationship is subsisting"? Or is it optional? If its must what docs can be provided?

(d) From my husband's side are below items really required?
- Employment Verification Letter from employer?
Can you please let us know if we have any sample letter for this?
- Payslips of last 3 months?
- He does not have UK Driving License...is it must?
- Tenancy Agreement?

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:57 am

Harshey14 pretty much summed-up all the required docs you need.

Can I give TOFEL instead of IELTS? Is there any min score requirement for TOFEL in my case?
No need for TOEFL/IELTS. You can study and work on par with any one settled in UK with your PBS dependant visa.

---> Is this fund requirement for my fiance's saving bank account or mine?
Either of them is acceptable. But make sure that the account remains above £ 600 for every single day for the 3 months you are showing.

---> Thanks but this confused me a bit somewhere I read that I will still have to go for interview process since I plan to study (at start). Can you or someone else please double confirm this thing about interview?
There is no place in the application form that you have to mention about your intention to study/work. (Because they don't need to verify you are going to UK for study/work, since you are allowed to do both as you wish). So, no interview you can expect due to this. However, you may be called for an interview, if the UKBA suspects that your relationship with the main applicant is not seems genuine. Rest assured, this is very rare, if you submit the original marriage certificate (Make sure it is in English) and some photos from your wedding.

I can take this test now in few days/week. Can someone please confirm if its required at all.
If you are resident in India and travelling to the UK for a period of longer than 6 months, you need to undergo TB screening in India. In your case, you are gong to stay for more than 6 months and so you will need it. Why take a chance. Better get it done.

Is there anything else required for "Relationship evidence" ?
No. Only your marriage certificate carries any legal weight. Other documents are neither mandatory nor sufficient. But, if you got one, attach it to your application.

(c) Do we need to also submit anything for "Evidences to prove that the Relationship is subsisting"? Or is it optional? If its must what docs can be provided?
The subsisting relationship clause usually applies for unmarried partners/same sex partners. The UKBA knows that it is uncommon in India and they usually be satisfied with your marriage certificate issued by the Govt. authorities. Just attach some pics taken in your wedding day, with your relations/big crowd. It should do.

- Employment Verification Letter from employer?
Can you please let us know if we have any sample letter for this?
You don't need this unless your finace's employer is going to give you a maintenance support letter. (But I presuem you are submitting bank statements from your/fiance's funds).

- Payslips of last 3 months?
This is too is not needed, however submitting this will make your case strong, I believe.

- He does not have UK Driving License...is it must?
No.

- Tenancy Agreement?
Not needed.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:00 am

I forgot to mention, although you can work and study unconditionally, there are restriction if your work as doctor/dentist. Please refer PBS policy guidance from UKBA website for more details. I am not sure what is your profession, however be advised if your are medical professional you should get more details.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 am

In addition, a copy of your finace's passport and UK visa page is must.
Also, a covering letter from your fiance would be advantageous (Mentioning his NI number, employment details etc.).

All the best for your new life ahead.

AartiG
Newly Registered

Post by AartiG » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Thanks a lot for your inputs cfdman. You folks are really awesome!

You mentioned really interesting point about restriction if your work as doctor/dentist I tried to search for PBS policy guidance from UKBA website which is relevant to this scenario but no luck...no proper info.

Hence my Q is again open for all of experts here :(

As a Tier 2 dependent (General) applicant (planning to study some courses related to medical/doctor field and work later) do I really need to give English Lang test? Can I give TOFEL instead of IELTS? Is there any min score requirement for TOFEL in my case?

AartiG
Newly Registered

Post by AartiG » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:14 am

We really appreciate your comments guys.

Thanks,
Gupta and family

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:49 am

What work your dependants can do wrote:Your dependants are allowed to work, though your dependant cannot work as a doctor in training.
319D(b)(iii).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AartiG
Newly Registered

Post by AartiG » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:16 am

Thanks for pointing it out Vinny.

Not sure what this exactly mean though?
Your dependants are allowed to work, though your dependant cannot work as a doctor in training.

1> Does that mean dependants of skilled worker (Tier 2 General) applicants
can study doctor/medical courses but CANNOT work? as dependants will have to get own Tier 2 General for working?

2> Still cannot find any 100% sure info about English test and interview requirement in my case :(

Any further help?

Thanks,
Gupta and family

Echoes
United Kingdom

Post by Echoes » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:13 pm

TOEFL is accepted for the purpose of immigration. The following document lists all English tests that UKBA accepts. The document also provides required grades for each test to satisfy language requirement.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

The required score in order to get admission in a college/university varies by the institution. Therefore, it might be an idea to decide which test to take when you apply for admission to a university?

AartiG
Newly Registered

Post by AartiG » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Thanks imumtaz.

Question is still there :)
-- Does that mean dependants of skilled worker (Tier 2 General) applicants
do not have to give English test (if dependants plan to study medical/doctor course)?

Echoes
United Kingdom

Post by Echoes » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:29 pm

English test is not required for Tier 2 dependants as far as visa is concerned. But your university may ask for it when you apply for admission, but to tell the truth, I'm not really sure. In any case, this is a non-issue with respect to your visa application.

GIGGLE
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 dependant (General) issue

Post by GIGGLE » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:54 pm

Hi artiG.
I am having a same issue as you had. Though my fiance is on tier 1 general visa and has ilr now. But still I am not sure how to apply as I have to work as a doctor thereafter and study too. I am assuming your problem must have been solved by now. So can you please guide me in this regard? I shall be highly grateful

Thanks