ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - EEA National

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katievoroncova
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - EEA National

Post by katievoroncova » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Hi there, I'm in the process of applying for Naturalisation.
I am an EEA A8 National (Latvian) and arrived in the UK at the age of 10 in December 2000. My parents were already in Britain, seeking asylum - this was granted at the time (IND paper was given allowing to stay & work).
Back in the day - in 2000 the Home Office was a mess (they lost my passport in a day!) and I'm hoping that it has now changed.

Anyway, here is my situation:

December 2000: Asylum/refugee status granted by the Home Office - IND paper issued with my mother, father and myself on it
2001 - 2005: Attended high school (GCSEs)
2005 - 2007: Attended college (A-Levels) & as turned over the age of 16 National Insurance was issued to me & I worked Part Time until 2010
2008 - 2011: Attended University (LLB Degree) as a HOME student, with studentfinance loan to cover tuition & Carried on Working
2010 - Filed for Permanent Residence (blue book) - Accepted by Border Agency

I have been working continuously since 2007, Part time to start with & then increased my hours to full time at Lloyds TSB. I still work there now.

I have never had private medical care (as stated on Naturalisation requirement for a student), neither have I ever been asked to register for Worker Registration Scheme (which came into effect as A8 member states joined the EU in May 2004).

The question I have to ask is:
Will my Naturalisation application be refused, because I did not register for WRS as a worker & did not have private medical insurance to satisfy the criteria as a student?

Why was I granted the EEA Permanent Residence (blue book), as the requirements are pretty much the same?

I have my NCS appointment tomorrow, and am willing to RISK the money just to see what they say...

My other MAIN problem is that I misplaced the (blue book) issued to me (but asked for Home Secretary's discretion on the application form) - surely they will find the record of this on the system?

Thank you all soo much in advance.

Katie x

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Are you sure the blue book was for Permanent Residence? The same blue book is also used for a Registration Certificate (which is just a confirmation of your EU rights but is not a PR confirmation).

Do you remember if you had to provide evidence to cover 5 years in the UK for the application?

If the blue book was a PR confirmation, you should be fine. If not, it's not so simple...

katievoroncova
Newly Registered

Post by katievoroncova » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, it was 100% Permanent residence (EEA and Swiss nationals)

Just hoping that the Home Office 'Bother' to look for it on the system, surely they would have some sort of record of it being issued?

Yep, I had to provide evidence that I had been in the UK for 5 years.

Just seems very strange to me that it was granted, yet I didn't have WRS certificate or comprehensive sickness insurance.. Unless the requirements have changed.

Thank you

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:36 pm

If you had your PR confirmed already, then the nationality team would not questioned why this was granted (WRS, medical insurance etc). The question is whether they can find your file....

See what NCS say (ask them to call the HO for advice. They have direct contact to the case workers teams). You might want to do a SAR to get your file from the HO which might contain a copy of your PR confirmation.

It is most likely you were granted PR because of your parents' acclivities (before the age of 21) rather than your own. WRS was not required if one of your parents was working in the UK before 2004. In any case, as I said, your PR status won't be questioned (if they find the file).

katievoroncova
Newly Registered

Post by katievoroncova » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:41 pm

Thank you very much for your response.

I have filled out the SAR request form, asking them to look through all of the systems.

Yeah, I believe I would have been 20 years old when I applied for EEA Permanent Residence and my parents were working since 2000 non-stop.

Thank you again for your help. Will let you know my outcome!