ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for myself and FLR m for my spouse query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cluelesss

ILR for myself and FLR m for my spouse query

Post by cluelesss » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi All,

I am currently on a Tier 1 general visa till 19th May 2013 and my spouse is on PBS Tier 1 dependant till 19th May 2013 too. I have booked my ILR appointment for 23rd April 2013 at 10:10am. My wife has joined me on 9th Mar2013 as a PBS dependant in the UK. I have also booked her appointment for FLR (M) on 23rd april 2013. at 2:10 pm.

One thing which confuses me is that on the ukba website here
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... you-apply/

quoting ukba website below
Can you apply?
This section is for those who applied for, or are applying for, leave to enter or leave to remain as a partner of a British citizen or a person who is settled here.

You cannot apply in a partner category if you:
are the spouse or partner of a person who is settled in the UK or has British citizenship if their most recent permission to stay was under tiers 1, 2, or 5 of the points-based system; and
you do not qualify for settlement yet.

Instead, you must apply as a dependant under the relevant category of points-based system.
Does this mean that she cannot apply on FLR m. The reason she needs to apply FLR m is that she is a doctor and wants to remove the doctor in training restriction from her visa.

Immigrationboard forum sticky post tells that you can switch from a PBS dependant to FLR M but this post on the ukba website says different.

Also, is it ok to book her FLR appointment sameday afternoon when my ILR appt is booked for same day morning.

Please help.