ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa for Parents from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Dependent Visa for Parents from Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:07 pm

Hello Seniors,

I am on Tier 1 General visa with Wife and one son as dependent in UK. I want to get elderly dependent visa for my parents who are in Pakistan.

My dad is on Dialysis since last 1.5 years and don't do any work due to serious health issues. His age is about 61. My Mom is healthy and 50 years old. I had a sister which got married last year and there is no body in Pakistan to take care of them and I desperately want to bring them here to provide long term care.

Can somebody guide me about the following.

1. How much maintenance funds are required?
2. Do I need to show Home office that I send money to them every month? I send them money through western union but never saved the receipts unfortunately.
3. What other documents are required?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:29 pm

You need to study the rules. Your need to be settled but, in any case, your mum seems perfectly capable of looking after your father and that will prohibit his settlement in the UK even after you get ILR. It's not about you, the sponsor, having money.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... dependent/

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:01 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply! I thought we as Tier 1 migrants can bring our parents under the same rules but it seems like I was mistaken and have to wait for two more years before I can sponsor them.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:45 pm

zahmed05 wrote: but it seems like I was mistaken and have to wait for two more years before I can sponsor them.
It makes no difference as they don't qualify for settlement. Please read the link that has been provided rather than ignoring the assistance you have asked for and making your own wild guesses.
Lucapooka wrote:You need to be settled but, in any case, your mum seems perfectly capable of looking after your father and that will prohibit his settlement in the UK even after you get ILR. It's not about you, the sponsor, having money.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:03 pm

Thanks for your help. Got it now.

varre_v

Am also in the same boat

Post by varre_v » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:03 am

Hey Guys,
I have my mother who is a widow aged 54 yrs back home in India.We are 3 children (me,sister,sister). Me and my first younger sister are settled in UK while my second sister is in US. My mother visited us in the UK on family visit visa three times already and now I am thinking of getting her on elderly dependant visa. But looking at the new rules I am biting my nails if she will get it or not?

PLEASE ADVISE WHETHER TO APPLY FOR ELDERLY DEPENDANT VISA OR A FAMILY VISITOR VISA?

vinny

visa for elderly relatives

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:01 pm

zahmed05 wrote:I am on T1 General and will be eligible for indefinite in Feb 2015. My parents are seriously ill back home and dad on dialysis for last one year. I don't have anybody who can take care of them so I was wondering what are my options here if I want them to come and stay with us here?

Any advise will be appreciated.
Lucapooka wrote:They can visit you but their medical treatment would have to be funded privately. Otherwise nothing differs from the answers you were previously given in March this year.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#803798

The UK does not support chain migration unless in very specific circumstances and I wonder if you considered their situation now and in the gfuture before you embarked on your quest towards economic migration to the UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.