ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[Success] Switching PSW to T2G

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tron
Newly Registered

[Success] Switching PSW to T2G

Post by tron » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:50 pm

Hope my story will be informative for you guys who are submitting an application.

I submitted an application to switch from PSW to Tier 2 General in the end of January. After, I had been waiting for about 6 months for the company to receive the sponsorship as my employer requested it in July 2012 and had been granted around November 2012.
So I was rush to get COS generated because I thought I had all the requirements UKBA needs and the last leave was about to expire in February. Unfortunately, after checking this site and found lots of information which made me believed that the details within COS would not pass UKBA consideration.
I decided to ask my employer to re-generate new COS which contained more relevant information such as

- Total weekly hours of work: 37.5
- Summary of job description: Chose from the description of Graduate Developer as my salary is above the position but less than Programmer.
- Details of passing RLMT: Been employed under Tier 1 PSW for 4 months.

I submitted the application online for me and my wife and the required document list for online application seemed to be different from printed one.

Here are the list of the supporting documents.

For me:
1. 2 passports (Previous and current ones).
2. 1 BRP card.
3. 2 photographs.
4. Evidence of working : My bank statements which have monthly pay-in transactions from the employer for 4 months as stated in COS. My company dont use paper-based pay slips. In my opinion, UKBA should not ask for this what if I am getting a new job how can I have ones. It seemed to be an outdated requirement for online application to me.
5. English requirement : Laminated version of certificate of award ( I was a bit worried about whether they would accept laminated documents or not )
6. Evidence of maintenance : Our joint bank account statements showing £1500 for 3 months.

For my wife:
1. 2 passports (Previous and current ones).
2. 2 photographs.
3. Evidence of relationship (Evidence of address of the dependant)
3.1 Her own bank statements.
3.2 Her own credit card statements.
3.3 Translated certificate of marriage.
3.4 Original (Laminated) certificate of marriage.

I'm very pleased the application got approved.
Thank you for all comments and information in this forum.

Good luck to everyone.

TechUser
Newly Registered

Post by TechUser » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:56 pm

What was the salary u showed ?

tron
Newly Registered

Post by tron » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:00 pm

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:37 pm

I think they don't need payslips any more