ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SP50 Driving Offence - Can I apply for settlement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thisisme24
Newly Registered

SP50 Driving Offence - Can I apply for settlement

Post by thisisme24 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Hello

I have a SP50 driving offence for over speeding on the motorway. I got this in July 2011. For this I had to go to court for which they fined me and I paid it there and then.

My settlement is due in September this year. Please can you let me know whether I can go for settlement or will I have to go for an extension.

I have checked in the PNC and have a report from them which states that I do not have any criminal record and I do not exist on their database.

I was going through the settlement form and it states in it that I have to declare any offences for which I had to go to court. I know i will have to declare this as well. I also have some speeding offences IN10 for driving in 2006 and 2007. Will I have to declare these as well on the form?

I would really appreciate if someone can give me some true advice on this.

Thanks

alanwong

Re: SP50 Driving Offence - Can I apply for settlement

Post by alanwong » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:00 pm

thisisme24 wrote:Hello

I have a SP50 driving offence for over speeding on the motorway. I got this in July 2011. For this I had to go to court for which they fined me and I paid it there and then.

My settlement is due in September this year. Please can you let me know whether I can go for settlement or will I have to go for an extension.

I have checked in the PNC and have a report from them which states that I do not have any criminal record and I do not exist on their database.

I was going through the settlement form and it states in it that I have to declare any offences for which I had to go to court. I know i will have to declare this as well. I also have some speeding offences IN10 for driving in 2006 and 2007. Will I have to declare these as well on the form?

I would really appreciate if someone can give me some true advice on this.

Thanks
Do not worry, you will be fine when you apply in September 2013.
You also need to declare them, otherwise you will have problem.

thisisme24
Newly Registered

Re: SP50 Driving Offence - Can I apply for settlement

Post by thisisme24 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks for your response.
I have the below offence codes on my license.

1. Date of conviction - 27.11.2006
Offence Code - IN10
Date of offence - 13.05.2006.
Sentenced - 12.12.2006
Fine 200
Disqualified - 2 M

2. Date of Conviction - 14.08.2007
Offence Code - IN10
Date of offence - 10.04.2007
Fine - 450

3. Date of Conviction - 14.08.2007
Offence Code - LC20
Date of Offence - 10.04.2007
Fine - 90

4. Date of Conviction - 06.07.2011
Offence Code - SP50
Date of Offence - 29.01.2011
Fine- 360

As i have these 4 offences, will i still be able to go for settlement. Does the good character thing come into consideration in settlement. Also did you say in your previous post that I would need to declare all of them in the form.

Thanks