ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of Cohabitation Set (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

homeki
Newly Registered

Letter of Cohabitation Set (M)

Post by homeki » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi Guys

I will be shortly having my PEO appointment and I am a bit concern about the supporting documents for cohabitation.

My spouse visa was granted in March 2011 and I came here at the end of March 2011. I have plenty of letters covering my husband's residency but I haven't got any letters addressed to me during the first 4 months of my stay as I was very busy organising our second wedding reception in England.

Could you guys advise would that be a problem? I do have plenty of letters covering the rest of the 2 years.

Cheers
homeki

sh1981
Member of Standing

Re: Letter of Cohabitation Set (M)

Post by sh1981 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:46 pm

homeki wrote:Hi Guys

I will be shortly having my PEO appointment and I am a bit concern about the supporting documents for cohabitation.

My spouse visa was granted in March 2011 and I came here at the end of March 2011. I have plenty of letters covering my husband's residency but I haven't got any letters addressed to me during the first 4 months of my stay as I was very busy organising our second wedding reception in England.

Could you guys advise would that be a problem? I do have plenty of letters covering the rest of the 2 years.

Cheers
homeki
first 4 months shouldnt matter, no one can get a barrage of letters being send to them as soon as they enter a new country, they understand that.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:59 pm

did you add your name onto council tax bill and/or with GP after your arrival? any documentation / confirmation to that effect?

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:03 pm

ban.s wrote:did you add your name onto council tax bill and/or with GP after your arrival? any documentation / confirmation to that effect?
GP, yes. get an NHS number.
council tax and housing benefit yes.
water bill, yes.

however look, you dont have to have 'joint' letters throughout. honestly first 8 months i was here i didnt even bother with anything. these things happen themselves.

for instance i automatically got myself registerd with GP when i got the flu!

my name automatically came on housing and council tax when my wife had to inform them of 'change in circumstances'.

about the water bill, i did it myself.

letters to you and to your wife, if not in joint names, are fine as long as they cover 2 yrs.
---

homeki
Newly Registered

Post by homeki » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:47 pm

sh1981 wrote:
ban.s wrote:did you add your name onto council tax bill and/or with GP after your arrival? any documentation / confirmation to that effect?
water bill, yes.

however look, you dont have to have 'joint' letters throughout. honestly first 8 months i was here i didnt even bother with anything. these things happen themselves.

my name automatically came on housing and council tax when my wife had to inform them of 'change in circumstances'.

letters to you and to your wife, if not in joint names, are fine as long as they cover 2 yrs.
I don't have any letters addressed to me or to us jointly either for the first 4 months.

As I was registered with the GP ages ago already when I used to stay in the UK as a student. I do have a letter dated Feb 2011 from my GP, however, my spouse visa started from March 2011. :( does that matter?

therefore, I have absolutely nothing to submit during my first 4 months stay.

Also, we don't have any council or water bills as we have been living with my husband's parents, we will get them to write a letter to prove that.
Do you think that is sufficient?

many thanks
homeki

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:21 am

homeki wrote:
sh1981 wrote:
water bill, yes.

I don't have any letters addressed to me or to us jointly either for the first 4 months.

As I was registered with the GP ages ago already when I used to stay in the UK as a student. I do have a letter dated Feb 2011 from my GP, however, my spouse visa started from March 2011. :( does that matter?

Also, we don't have any council or water bills as we have been living with my husband's parents, we will get them to write a letter to prove that.

many thanks
homeki
first quarter (1st 4 months) do not matter.
---

homeki
Newly Registered

Post by homeki » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:25 pm

sh1981 wrote:
homeki wrote:
sh1981 wrote:
water bill, yes.

many thanks
homeki
I am really worried as people on ukresident forum said it would be a big problem if you leave too much of a gap.
but i have absolutely no choice.
:(

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:48 pm

homeki wrote:
sh1981 wrote:
homeki wrote:
sh1981 wrote:
water bill, yes.

many thanks
homeki
I am really worried as people on ukresident forum said it would be a big problem if you leave too much of a gap.
ok fine if you are so worried though ive said enough times its not needed, then get someone who knows you to write a letter, like a shop keeper you used to buy veggies from when you first arrived (the first 4 months).

they dividie it into quarters, like 3 qtrs thats why they need 1 of each qtr for 2 yrs (6 different letters). you have one qtr missing. not a problem in my own most humble opinion.
---

homeki
Newly Registered

Post by homeki » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:32 pm

sh1981 wrote:
homeki wrote:
sh1981 wrote:
homeki wrote:

many thanks
homeki
ok fine if you are so worried though ive said enough times its not needed, then get someone who knows you to write a letter, like a shop keeper you used to buy veggies from when you first arrived (the first 4 months).

they dividie it into quarters, like 3 qtrs thats why they need 1 of each qtr for 2 yrs (6 different letters). you have one qtr missing. not a problem in my own most humble opinion.
Thanks very much for your help. I think I will just have to go with what I have, I will report the result here though.

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:03 pm

homeki wrote:
sh1981 wrote:
homeki wrote:
sh1981 wrote:

Thanks very much for your help. I think I will just have to go with what I have, I will report the result here though.
good luck :)
---

homeki
Newly Registered

Post by homeki » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:21 pm

sh1981 wrote:
homeki wrote:
sh1981 wrote:
homeki wrote:

good luck :)
Just wanted thanks for the help again, i went to Croydon PEO on the 5th of April and I was granted the ILR quite easily. Although I didn't have any letters addressing to my name the first few months, I did submit a letter from my parents-in-law confirming I'm staying with them. I also handed in their deed for the house and the property inspection report. Turned out the caseworker was very nice and seemed to be very happy with my preparation, she took the whole folder that I organised in sections. :) I wasn't even asked one question and when she returned the originals, she said everything is fine and I was granted the ILR.

elv15

Post by elv15 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:06 am

Congratulations, look like Croydon is getting some good feed back on Set (m)s.
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.