ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to France without a Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ishy

Travel to France without a Visa

Post by Ishy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:20 am

Hello, My wife has a residence card and I am a French National living in the UK. Does anyone know if she needs to apply for a visa to travel to France with me, or can we just go with theresidence card.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:59 pm

She can travel to France with you and the residence card works in lieu of visa.

Ishy

Post by Ishy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:30 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:She can travel to France with you and the residence card works in lieu of visa.
Hello, Thanks for your response.

How do you know that I can travel with my wife without a visa. Have you ever done it before? Do you know anyone who has done it?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:30 pm

See page 89

http://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/polici ... 620_en.pdf

(The only point to be aware of is that you will be going to home country of spouse. Generally, the direcive does not apply to those who have not exercised freedom of movement first, but this does not appear to apply to you as you live in the UK).

Ishy

Post by Ishy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:55 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:See page 89

http://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/polici ... 620_en.pdf

(The only point to be aware of is that you will be going to home country of spouse. Generally, the direcive does not apply to those who have not exercised freedom of movement first, but this does not appear to apply to you as you live in the UK).

Thank you very much for your post. I think when we travel we might take this directive with us on a piece of paper just in case they say something at the border. But this speak for itself.

Thanks again.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:07 pm

You should also definitely carry your marriage certificate and proof that you have been working in the UK (so that EU free movement law applies to your spouse.

See also http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/