ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

brasilian married to dutch moving to england

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suzy
Newly Registered

brasilian married to dutch moving to england

Post by suzy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:17 pm

hello all...i am suzy ..i am brasilian..my fiance is dutch..well we have a some question we would like to ask...
well...myself and fiance..will be geting married soon...but my dutch fiance wants to move to engalnd...just after our marriege..he is already in process of his new job...in england..now what we need to know is...what are the legal procedures in such situations that is need to be taken...seeing..i am brasilian and he is dutch and not english.
is it possible?
thank a lot.

sue and nick.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:38 pm

After you get married, just head over to the British Embassy with the marriage certificate, letter of employment of your Dutch spouse, both your passports and passport-sized photographs and apply for the EEA family permit ... free of charge!
Jabi

suzy
Newly Registered

suzy

Post by suzy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:19 pm

thank you jabi..for your help...but we still did not have enough clarifications...what about how long does he hav to be working in enlgand...before he can sponsor me? i also have a 10 years old boy...is he alowd to be with me as well?

suzy.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:32 pm

Suzy, to make further clarifications I would need further information. Does your husband-to-be have the letter of employment or is he already working? Also are you still in Brazil? And if not, can you pls let me know which country you currently live in?

If he has the letter of employment he can use it as proof of intention to exercise his treaty rights as an EEA national who is a worker when you apply for the EEA family permit. He does not already have to be working for you to apply for the permit.

After marriage, your son will also become a member of your husband's family- whether it be as a son or stepson and be eligible to apply for the EEA family permit as well... and thus be allowed to be with you and him.
Jabi

suzy
Newly Registered

suzy

Post by suzy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:03 am

hello jabi,

honestly speaking..my fiance.. is not yet working.in england..he works in holland at the moment...but have aplyed for jobs in th uk and have had good results..but dew to not knowing exacly what would be my situtaion..if he go foward...in order to reply to the new jobs...we decided to inquire more....well i am happy you have been willing to help us with some doubts...so now we can move on...and yes i am in brasil...at the moment.

thanks a lot
sue!